Totally NOT football related...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by onetontitan, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Who's ever been absolutely CRUSHED by a woman? I hope to see some good answers because it just happened to me. I feel like Al Del Greco in that playoff game against the Ravens, maybe even worse. Any advice, my friends? This is my first big let down, so it sucks.

sarcastic statements are not appreciated. Help a brother out.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not really Titans and Football talk is it?

Was it because you refuse to wash your Finnegan hand? Or that you got more excited seeing him than her...

First time is always the hardest...although I was more relieved when it ended. You get over it and move on but it also depends on how long you were together, what she did, who ended it, why it ended etc.

Time heals all wounds my friend, and that is pretty much true in cases of relationships.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Check. Think most men and women can relate.

I don't think there are any easy answers or generic checklists you can follow, but my advice would be not to rush it, it just tends to makes it worse. Take time to "mourn", hang out with friends (preferably some that don't mind you *****ing and moaning about the girl) and slowly get back in the game.

Distancing yourself from said girl and anything related to her probably helps as well.

Code:
    Disclaimer:
    This advice is given as is. No warranty applies.
    The author can not be made legally or emotionally responsible for any 
    consequences arising from taking the advice.
    ps. laughter usually speeds up recovery from an emotional down.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Last time I got burned I knew I'd need time to get over it.

A good friend's girlfriend broke up with him 5 months ago & he's still moping about pining for her.Not a good way to be IMO.

I set out to just have one night stands & no relationship until I knew for sure I wasn't on the rebound.It totally changed my love life.

There are a lot of women out there looking for a bit of zero commitment fun that guys never get anywhere with if they approach them like a regular date,possible girlfriend.

I had a great time for a few months & it helped me to move on.Not for everyone but I firmly believe that we never really get over a break up until we move on to someone else.The problem is that the first relationship we have after a breakup is usually doomed because we're still messed up from the last.

That's why I advocate just going out & sowing your oats for a while,Just be honest that you don't want a commitment with the women you hook up with.

You'll know when your ready for another relationship.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Well, you usually take a short amount of time to get over it. Eventually, you get up and the morning and it hurts a little less. Repeat the process a few times and you'll be good. Just try to enter into any serious relationship immediatly. You'll end up comparing her to you nolstagic memories of your previous girl, and that's not healthy. You'll get over it as long as you don't wallow in your grief.

6. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I've never been crushed by a girl, but I have by a guy. It really hurts because you can't help but take it personally. You see it as a rejection to your very being. You give that person your best and they still don't want it, in your mind. Truth is, it's not really that deep.

When I've rejected guys it's usually based on everything EXCEPT for their core being. It's really not personal. It could be something like, she liked another guy and he finally gave her a chance. She just ain't feeling you, right now. That's not to say that a girl can't change her mind.

So, what you need to do is accept that it's over. Don't take it as a personal rejection. And, what usually helped me, I accepted that the guy who kicked me to the curb, left me on the curb and kept on with his life. He wasn't sitting around pining over me, so why should I mourn someone who ain't mourning me.

Last, but not least, the best revenge is looking good and living well. The guy who did dump me, regretted it. Basically, he was a white air force pilot, came from a very wealthy, old blue blood east coast family. At a crossroads, he chose to not fight his family and our relationship ended. I was rejected because I was a "hybrid"!(wtf) Of course, I healed and moved on. He hasn't and at one point he wanted to "try again".

In my rambling way, what I'm saying is, you can do all the right things and it still end by no fault of your own.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thanks everyone. i'll get over it

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Man, I was late for this one. Sorry bout that.

I got completely crushed twice. The first time was by my ex-wife, and I was convinced there was an affair, so I plotted to murder them both. Seriously. Up until that point, I thought jealousy was a silly emotion.. it turns out that it's WAAAYYY more powerful than you can imagine, and will literally drive you insane.

My plot failed because God stepped in and snapped my back, putting me out of a job and crying on the couch for three months until I got over it.

That was in 1992. Years passed by, and just last june she was my guest here in Hawaii for a couple of weeks. We're ohana now.

The last time I got crushed was just four years ago... and boy, did the Coltfreaks put up with a lot of whining from me over that one! This time she was a fiance, and there was definitely some infidelity going on... but there was also a child involved. Getting over that one took a couple of years... but the upside was that it made me face my alcohol problem, which forced me to back up, remain celebant for a while, and find out who I really am. Now I'm the happiest dude on the planet, and was able to wait until the right woman came along.

Point? It really is true: everything happens for a reason. The women who crushed me were both TOTALLY the wrong women... it just took pain to show that to me.

you'll totally be fine... just don't lose confidence in yourself... that drives better women away.

9. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

WTF is THIS CRAP?

Put your big girl panties on and deal with it, son.

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar