Touchdown and other celebreations?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Mar 19, 2007.

?
  1. NO! Ban all endzone celebrations.

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. YES! A little un-rehearsed happiness is cool.

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. Yes and I volunteer to jump into the endzone and do the cabbage patch dance witht he players.

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I hate these stupid poll threads, let's ban these!

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I was reading over the rules and regulations that are imposed upon players and this whole endzone and other celebration thing really irked me.:irked: I am for celebrations. As the game evolved, stadiums got more expensive, ticketss got more expensive and the food is ridiculous. People pay a guap to attend an NFL game. Seriously, a Philly game for 2 was $2,500.

NFL games are part competition and part entertainment. People/fans want to be entertained for the money that they pay. When it's 3rd and 8 with 1:12 to go in the 4th quarter and the wide receiver makes a circus catch and gets that 1st down, doesn't he earn a celebration? Won't the crowd scream with happiness that their team is still alive? When Vince has nobody open, he scrambles around, you think he's gonna get sacked and then he finds an opening and runs for a touchdown, don't you scream and jump around like a crazy person? Football is an emotional game and celebrations are part of that.

Players want to entertain because that's part of the game. Those that entertain and have the most elaborate of celebrations make it on prime time with their clips shown over and over on ESPN and NFL Network. Telling a player not to celebrate is like telling the crowd not to cheer. Would you really like to see a player make a touchdown and just run off the field? I can see if he's had a few and they are beating the crap out of a team. But if it's a close game, the defense isn't allowing many points and td's are few and far between, then just pure emotion takes over.

So, are you pro or anti-celebration?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm pro, as long as there are the basic rules that it's not too staged and not a group thing.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I can live without the grandstanding.

It seems this is a pop culture phenomena that was not an issue before the video age.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The Icky shuffle? The Dirty Bird. I think both of those were before the video game era really started.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

All for it- provided WE'RE doing the celebrating!

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

As long as it doesnt delay the game whats the problem. As others have said its entertainment. The NFL should try and remember it is still a game.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Hi there Riverman. I was at Costco and there's this diamond necklace that I find really pretty and shiny. Can you be a dear and um, "gift" that to me?

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

:truedat:

Celebrations are great, I don't think delaying the game is really a problem, but it's sorta a built in penalty in that if a celebration after a TD delays the extra point the team gets hit with a delay of game penalty, it's not much on an extra point, but I think they could make that rule stricter on extra points and it would really take care of it.

My main problem is that each refing crew has their own standards for what they consider excessive, for example, three times during last season (in different games) after scoring TDs on returns Pacman jumped onto the goal post grabbing onto the pad and then released himself. The first two times nothing happened, but the third time the refs decided that he was using the goal post as a prop and gave a penalty. I've always liked consistency and penalties are definately somewhere that the NFL officials need to work hard to get it accross refing crews, because it's impossible for teams to avoid penalties if they don't know what the refs are going to consider a penalty.

9. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

i think it was ridiculus to ban the celebrations, i think they should be able to celebrate as long as they dont delay the game. it's entertaining and brings another diminsion to the game you know how we were last year "What will Steve Smith do now?" that was awesome. now they are trying to make it to where football is all serious and stuff, and it's not.
    so whether yall agree or not i think it's wrong to ban the celebrations

10. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

:truedat:

Amen! i think all referees should have strictly the same standards and i think that scenario with pacman and the goal-post proves that theyre system is truely flawed if one crew calls one thing and another calls another thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar