Touchdown and other celebreations?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Mar 19, 2007.

?
  1. NO! Ban all endzone celebrations.

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. YES! A little un-rehearsed happiness is cool.

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. Yes and I volunteer to jump into the endzone and do the cabbage patch dance witht he players.

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I hate these stupid poll threads, let's ban these!

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If you aren't entertained by the competition, I don't know that end zone celebrations are gonna give you too much excitement either.

I was always taught to value sportsmanship. Celebrations are unsportsmanlike in my opinion. I was watching an old football game from the 1970s on ESPN classic and the first thing that struck me was that it was refreshing to watch a football game without having to see players pretend to shoot jump shots, jump around like idiots or otherwise show their arse after almost every play.

I like players who respect the game and play with class. This is a storied professional sport, not Barnum & Bailey.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

My sentiments exactly. This is supposed to be a TEAM sport. They guy that throws a block to allow someone to get into the end zone deserves to celebrate just as much, but it doesn't happen. What really makes me sick is to watch a guy score, then his team mates come over to congratulate him, but he is too busy doing his celebration to even acknowledge them.

3. Broken Record

:werd:

Or the guy who scores a 4th quarter garbage touchdown to bring his team to within 27 points and then starts to jump around like he just saved the world from certain disaster.

4. VY#10MVP

VY#10MVP Element_of_One

I am for the celebrations. The NFL offices are taking the fun out of the game. I love alot of the celebrations like steve smith, chad johnson, and T.O. I believe that they should allow it because the fans pay to come see the games and the majority love the celebrations.

5. Broken Record

Having talent and skill should be valued, but you devalue yourself when you feel the need to put it in someone's face when you succeed.

If I want to see dancing, I'll turn on BET....

... just sayin'. :lol:

6. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

Yeah, celebrations disgust me. Like when LT broke the TD record this past season and all the linemen were carrying him on their shoulders and stuff. They should all have been suspended!

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

:suspect:

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Here's what I think....
    The fans shoul have some buttons on their seats and should be able to rate the celebrations. If the player does something really cool, pleases the fans and gets a high enough rating he get's an extra point. If it's some lamo cheesey celibration that gets a low rating it's a penelty. Now that would make things exciting!

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

10. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Give the guys 15 seconds and then stop them. Hell, I see at least 1 million 742 thousand beer, tampon, telephone, car, credit card, and refinance your house, car, credit card, telephone, beer and tampons in to one easy payment advertisements that 15 seconds would be a nice break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar