Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

"Toughest team mentally in the league"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,729
    I'm not going to say that Tom Jackson/Chris Berman are experts on anything, but if there's one thing that's very clear, it's that watching the Titans and writing a lot of posts on GoTitans.com does not mean you know anything about football. Half the posts here are completely unintelligible nonsense.
    1 people high five this.
  2. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977
    You got that right.
    1 people high five this.
  3. Pacman 4 HoF Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    I agreee a lot of posters here don't know whaat the heck they are talking about. That's why I feel it's my duty to bring the truth 100% when I post
    1 people high five this.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,451
    Chris Berman always gives our Titans some love.
  5. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,137
    I always get a good laugh when quotes from talking heads get posted as if it's gospel.
  6. dbc5631 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $97
    You boys sure don't laugh when the talking heads say something negative about your favorite players.
  7. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977

Nobody said it was gospel just a topic of discussion.
  8. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,137
    Ehh. I take everything the talking heads say with a grain of salt. I'll listen to their opinions, whether I agree or not. But they're just that, opinions. They aren't the end all be all to football discussion and analysis.

I put way more stock in the opinions of guys like Kuharsky and Wyatt (who I also disagree with plenty) regarding the Titans than I do Tom Jackson or Chris Berman. At least you know the local guys see the games and therefore have more credibility in their opinions. How many full Titans games do you think these national guys like Jackson and Berman actually see each year? It would really surprise me if the number is more than 3 or 4 for most of them. I could really care less what Chris Berman's opinion of Jeff Fisher or Vince Young or the Titans is. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't seen 20% of the Titans action I've seen in the past 10+ years. That's why I don't take any kind of power rankings or anything like that seriously either. Most of these guys don't see enough of each individual team to justify their blathering. They just pay attention to who's hot at the moment and perpetuate the hype of overrated teams, players and coaches.
  9. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $13,501
    I love how people are arguing against a positive just to support their Fisher sucks argument.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 Pro Bowler

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,433
    At this point last year we were the LEAST mentally tough team in the league.

So overall I guess Fisher is mediocre.
    2 people high five this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.