Touring the mock drafts

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Titans Insider, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

6'8" is a little tall for DT. You also need to look at him. He is a lean 315. And we will be playing some 3-4 and 3-3-5 this year.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The guy is a 3-4 DE so people see DE and assume that is what he is. His utility would be if we go 3-4 like you said or on the inside if we stay 4-3 maybe in passing situations. I suppose in a pinch he could play strong side DE but don't see him being that effective rushing the passer.

At DE we have one solid starter in Morgan and a rotational starter in Wimbley. So either we are going to start playing a bunch of 3-4 looks where Wimbley is more of an OLB or we need another full time DE.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I consider DE and DT about equal needs. But that's just me. I'm thinking we have two young DTs with lots of potential in Casey and Martin. On the other hand, I don't see Morgan and Wimbley getting much better. Morgan could get better but I don't think he'll ever be a truly dominant DE. And Wimbley is entering his 8th year so I think we've already seen his ceiling.

I'd be thrilled if we addressed either position with the 10th pick. We need a legit, consistent playmaker on the DL regardless of which position it comes from.

4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He shies away from physical play?

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

No doubt about it, that's why I asked if the grade was just off measurables. He's got great size, speed, vert... he's a "workout warrior" if you will. His highlight film is great, but all his flaws will be exposed even more in the NFL. Route running is everything, theres not many receivers in this league who can run terrible routes and still get catches; were talking Calvin, Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, etc... even then most of them are still good route runners.

Patterson is very raw, but could easily be the next big receiver; or the next no-name wasted 1st round pick. Darius Heyward-Bey was the same thing. Projected late-1st, had a great combine, people became amazed and he went early. Although, Al Davis/Raiders are part to blame.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

DE is a bigger need than DT, and here's why; Scott Solomon & Keyunta Dawson.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Seems timid going across the middle of the yield; and going up to grab a ball. You can tell he's thinking about the safety coming over top, and not catching the ball. Not a huge deal, just something I noticed.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Ok, I just wanted to hear your explaination. Everything I've read states nearly the opposite. That he is in fact very physical. I've noticied him to be very difficult to tackle once he has the ball in his hands. He's not easy to bring down and he does not stop moving his legs in an attempt to pick up more yardage. Not exactly the traits of your typical timid reciever. Now before the catch entirely, you may be right, but its the first I've heard of that, and I would consider it surprising given the style he plays once he has the ball in his hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar