Trade 1st and 3rd for Wilkerson?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by MrPickSix, Apr 15, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Am I the only one perfectly fine with keeping all of our picks?

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I'm pretty much wanting the same, but we are just talking about a few scenarios where it might make sense. Wilkerson is a Pro Bowl player and one of the top DL in the league, so it's not entirely out of the question. I just think his contract would be way too prohibitive and why the Jets are even entertaining a trade in the first place.

My guess is that JR prefers to build through the draft...not load up on expensive veterans.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

exactly...load up on expensive FAs when you are ready to make the SB push...not right now when we are in year 1 of re-building

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

We are gonna make a sb next year. So yes, it's time to make a push. Jr is gonna turn this team around in just one year. We've been held back by piss poor coaching for 20 years. I honestly think mularky knows his role and is willing to play it. (not play the role of a mastermind, when he's not). We are in win now mode, yes one year after owning the fist pick. We will win 9+ games and be a playoff team next year. Afcs is coming to Nashville next season (watch).

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Nope! I'm with you bro

6. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Why do people keep thinking someone would give us a draft pick in trade for one of our garbage players??? If Sankey couldnt stay on the field for the worst team in the league last year, why would any other team give up a pick for him. Same goes for McCluster and Hunter.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

If he really nails the RT spot, this team damn well should be in the playoffs. If the Colts can rebound from the worst team in the league to going to the playoffs, in one season, with Luck, then we can do the same...it really comes down to the OL, particularly at the RT spot. I think Poutasi will be a mauler at LG, and Jones will be the C we desperately needed.

• Troll Troll x 1
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Because he was originally rated as a 2nd rd'er. He had some spurts where he looked pretty good, and everyone knows he was running behind a suspect OL. Sankey was in the dog house because he muffed a few KO's.

Teams are always looking to give a player a fresh start and Sankey could very well thrive in a system like the Seahawks or Ravens. Didn't Skittle just retire? Sankey played college ball right in the Seahawks back yard, so he is naturally going to valued a bit higher by that fanbase than he would here or elsewhere. Behind a line that can open holes for him, he could excel.

If Robinson can sell the Rams on such a massive trade, you don't think he could sell a team like the Seahawks looking to add a RB, to give him a 5th Rd pick or so, for their home state boy?

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

We riot if that happens. Nope nope nope nope.

10. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Coudlnt agree more, we need alot of help on this team... Lets get some with our first 6 picks.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar