Trade Back into top Ten?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I've read a great deal of speculation about us trading back onto top 10. I know we have needs, but if by chance a blue was available at #7 we could trade evenly for the newly acquired #45 (460 points)still leaving us with #33 and 43 in the 2nd round.

Other scenarios possible at 100 point drops each spot after#7. Reports suggest 49ers might grab Paxton Lynch who I think will be available around #15. Win win trade if that happens IMO.

2. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Now that the Rams are at #1 and the chance of the top two QB's likely gone before pick 7, I doubt the 49ers are willing to chance losing out on Lynch if that is who they want.

I think 15 is a great spot for the Titans, and should stay there and let the draft play out. We have a very poor roster lacking quality depth at multiple positions, we need all the picks we can get IMO.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wouldn't be upset either way, particularly if somebody dropped a bit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

The only scenario I can see us trading up would be Tunsil sliding as far as 6 to the Ravens. That could very easily happen on just 2 conditions...
    1) Cleveland indeed drafts a QB (probably Goff. I think Fisher tipped his hand when he mentioned in an interview post-trade, that Wentz is a Superbowl caliber QB and he expects he will be in one before long)
    2) Chargers take Ramsey (to replace long time S Eric Weddle) rather than Tunsil. They may not feel the urgency to take an OT that early. Should be able to draft either OT Spriggs, Clark, Coleman or Ifedi early in the 2nd.

If those things play out, then neither the Jags or Dallas need an OT, so that means Tunsil's next stop would be at #6. I would try to trade them a player (Sankey or Hunter?) and either #33 or #43. Apart from that, I don't know that I would make any trade up from #15.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Troll Troll x 2
  5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Who are we going to grab if we trade up in the 7-10 range?

Only ones I could really see is Deforest Buckner or Vernon Hargreaves

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Jason Cole is reporting that the Titans ARE in the market to trade up to get one of the top two OT. The Ravens at 6 have said they would like to trade back and get another top 50 pick in this very deep draft class and Tunsil very well might still be there then. In this scenario, the framework of the trade would be in place pre draft but would likely happen draft day. Unfortunately, we would have to give up either #33 to move up that far or #43 and a late rounder.

Too much IMO. Is the difference between Tunsil and Conklin really that great?

Another trade scenario Cole suggests is the Titans trading with the Bucs at 9 to get Stanley. We might be able to drop to #9 by packaging #15 and #64.

Palatable, but Id still rather have the picks. I wonder if Robinson might do something like this to appease ownership?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Outside of us trading up to 6 or later to get Tunsil, I would not want to trade up at all. I do think the gap between Tunsil and the rest is that big. He's by far the most athletic and has the best feet + strength of the group. I think Conklin or Decker would be solid starters, but Tunsil would be a Pro Bowl caliber OT.

So, yeah....I expect Robinson would keep a close eye on Tunsil. If SD nabs him at #3, then we will probably stay put. Don't see us trading up for Stanley.

• Troll Troll x 2
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

We are going OT with our first pick regardless. People got fired last year because of our inability to protect Mariota (no capable RT). That is the big pothole in the road, that the ownership is fixated on. Robinson has to address that position as the top priority and then he has the flexibility to go BPA the rest of the draft.

2016 NFL Mock Drafts : Mock draft 6.0: Wentz to Rams, Tunsil tumbles

• Troll Troll x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Since when do you draft a RT in the top 10 though? I wouldn't be against grabbing someone at 15, perferably in the 2nd round though. Our offensive line issues were more than just a RT, we were bad everywhere.

10. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

I would be content staying at 15 and grabbing Conklin.

Allowed only 4 sacks in 38 games, over 235 career knockdown blocks. Former walk-on who hustle his way onto the team and as the starter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar