Trade down and stockpile picks in 2-4

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Austin_Bill, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If it was only that simple. It won't be. In fact, if I had to bet, I'd bet we won't trade for a big name WR this offseason.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why in the flying fudge would the bengals be giving up one of their most valuable players for a 24th pick? What fantasy land do some of you guys live in?

Larry fitzgerald? He was the 3rd pick in 2004, he is one of the absolute best WRs in this league! 2 time pro bowler, 2 time 1400 yard player who is only 25 years old but some of you are high enough to honestly believe they would trade that franchise player for the 24th pick? What would the cards do with that 24th pick? Draft manningham? Basically trade fitzgerald for manningham just to fulfill some message board posters insane fantasy?

Roy williams is a possibility because of the lion's multiple needs and the fact that their GM is clueless. Williams would be a great pickup for that pick. He still has the bulk of his career left and has averaged 913 yards a season from his rookie year. I would take that trade..

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's actually been reported at times during the year the both Johnson and Fitzgerald (and Boldin) were on or going to be on the trading block.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Reported by whom?

Those are 2 of the top Wrs in the league. What is more is that they will have the right to refuse a trade and why would chad johnson want to come here?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Maybe they want to do a knee or something?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Back to the original issue..

Trading our 24th pick in the first rd for a 2nd and 3rd. Yes i would be for that if those 2nd and 3rd rd picks come ahead of the ones we already have.

I doubt if there is a single TE or WR worth taking 24th but in rds 2 and 3 there is a lot of good value.

Great blue north rates bennett as the top TE but only rate him 55th overall among prospects.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Bennett plays TE as well as WR. WOW! We could get two players in one and we need a TE and WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar