trade idea...your thoughts?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by zackmann, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackmann

zackmann Guest

talking with a redskins fan, he mentioned trading us their #6 picks overall...

would you guys trade #19 (2007), 2nd round (2007), 3rd round (2008), and 5th round (2008) for their #6 pick (2007)?

and if so, who would you covet at #6?

this is just hypothetical...no rumor or anything...just made up...

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

depends on who was there at 6. let's say calvin johnson, gaines adams and jamaal anderson are picked 1-5, then no.

3. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I think all of that depends on how the top 5 picks go.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

No, not doing the deal. We can get a good player at the 19 spot

5. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

yes i would if Anderson or CJ was the guy sitting there...........

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Exactly. There are only a couple of players worth that kind of trade but if you can get one it might be worth it. Plus, if the 3rd and 5th rounder are in 2008 it doesn't completely destroy our draft this year. We would still have all our picks from the 3rd round on and would only miss picking in one round of the draft.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

if the Redskins offered it and only if Calvin Johnson was there when the Redskins are on the clock (that way we know we get CJ) than I would defiantly do that trade...

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It's not worth it.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

We may trade up this year. With our cap position we can use free agency to fill some holes that we have traditionally used draft picks on. In each of the last two years we have needed contributions from the majority of our draft picks quickly. This time we need quality over quantity.

We have got impact players with our first pick the last 2 years and if we got another defensive stud this year in the draft, then the rest of our roster should be set to make a difference.

10. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

The guys I truly want for our team in this draft (guys I think will be perennial pro bowlers or borderline pro bowlers at positions that we need) are:
    Calvin Johnson,
    Adrian Peterson (if we don't re-sign Henry),
    Jamaal Anderson,
    Alan Branch,
    Glenn Dorsey.

I wouldn't hate us trading up to the lowest draft pick necessary to get one of those players. Joe Thomas (OT), maybe Levi Brown, 2 Qbs (Russell and Quinn) will be taken in the top 8. My estimate would be around pick 10 or 11 is where we'd need to be.

I'd also love Laron Landry or Reggie Nelson but drafting a safety in the top 12 or so picks isn't usually good value. I think we'd need around pick 15 to snag either of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar