Trade Out of #3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the radio boys were dicusssing this the other day and concluded that aquiring more draft picks (ie, recruiting more YOUTH) wasn't quite the prudent thing to do; but trading back to aquire veteran FA help would be.

I don't believe an onslaught of rookies will save either Jeff or Floyd's jobs
    they need to get over the hump, and I bet that don't expect their 1st Round pick to be much of a factor in that for the '06 season
    no QB, RB, OL, or LB will do it,.... but better coaching will

I'll take Reggie Bush or Vince Young at #3
    if it's Matt ,then shop the pick (just a gut feeling)
    but I still want DeAngelo Williams / LenDale White / Jay Cutler Round 1
    aquiring either of those guys + extra picks / Vet help would be good

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd kinda like to see the team start winning sooner too, so a guy that can have an impact sooner would be nice. OTOH, I like the thought of Young or Leinart being a future QB.

Hawk, Bush, DeAngelo, Fergy, Kiwi....lots of guys could come in and have an immediate impact on this team, and could be had after a trade down. We could take a guy or two in the 2nd or 3rd round (depending on what picks we garnered) in one of the deep positions and get a guy who may have been a 1st rounder in another draft. Maybe LB, OT, QB....or even TE if Kinney gets traded.

Is this a win-win or what?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

No way this pick gets traded. Vince Young, when will we ever get a chance to get a qb like this, if EVER, again. McNair was what, a 5 pick. Moon we just got lucky. Yeah, we've had some good qb's, but they don't grow on trees for most teams. The Titans have just been in the right place at the right time. Which is where we are again. Vince Young is about as good as a franchise could ever hope to get, and we'll get 'em at the 3 pick. Frankly, we should be thanking god that he came out. We will never have a chance like this again for probably the next 10-15 years. We are sitting pretty and a franchise player will be there no matter what happens. We gotta pick.

5. i wouldnt mind trading down a couple spots and drafting hawk :lol: but thats the Buckeye in me talking

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Trading down a few slots and drafting Cutler makes the most sense to me.
    Say we trade down and have a pick around #8. For that trade we would at least get the 8th pick in the 2nd round, the 8th pick in the 3rd round and possibly more picks next year. We still get a franchise QB for the future and in the 2nd and 3rd rounds we still have picks to get OL, LB and S help.
    With the class of OTs and LBs those second round picks are as good as mid 1st round picks in other years.

7. TitanJeff

It's a tough call but I would be very tempted if it meant getting a top 10 pick in the first, second and third rounds along with another possible high pick in '07.

8. TANK CALICO

TANK CALICO Guest

Please dont mess this up

Surely the front office wont screw this up. This is our chance to replace one franchise qb with another. I know a lot of you guys arent sold on Vince Young but you have to look at the situation we are in. Basically we suck and we are about to lose our qb to retirement. We have to take a franchise qb considering we are in a great place to get one and it is a team need.

Before this year if someone would have ask you guys do you want a qb with Vicks running ability, along with a better passing skills and decision making,and at last LEADERSHIP, how many would be against that?

9. TitanJeff

But you have to consider a number of factors. If Reese somehow grades Cutler to be just a notch under Leinart or Young, he'd be nuts to decline a number of high picks if a team was willing to give up the farm to get to #3.

Lots will play out over the next few months.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Some of the guys up front may not want to wait a year or two before that franchise QB takes over. They may want to win now and draft another position that could have an immediate impact. It's not like a franchise QB picked high is a sure thing either....lots of busts lately give me the hebegebe feeling.

Or they could think Cutler is their man if they trade down a few spots, and may be happy with that and extra picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar