Trade Out of #3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Don't forget the quarterback year that was supposedly the best draft ever featuring such studs at Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Cade McNown.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

And I would say the Jets are pretty much screwed now that they gave Pennington a long term deal. Their only prayer is to sit back and hope Pennington can make a miraculous recovery.

3. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

I'm all for drafting Bush or Young, but what do we do about safety, LB, and OLine? We don't have a 3rd round pick and we will prob have limited money to spend in FA. Bush or Young could be the most amazing players ever but we will still have a crappy defense if we don't address it in a big way.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Looking on the bright side we do have enough money to find a few FAs to fill those gaps. No matter who we pick in the 1st round we should fill one of those spots nicely with our 2nd rounder. The other 2 can be addressed in the later rounds. Reese might be seriously looking to trade down in the 2nd round like he did last year if the guy(s) he wants can still be available a few picks later. Remember last year Roos and Barnes were both still available and even if someone had taken Roos right before our 9th pick we could have still taken a solid OT in Barnes (Barnes started 12 games this year at LT for the Jags and played well) if we wanted him. The same scenario might present itself this year where a couple of OL, LBs or Ss of similar value are on the board still and Reese trades out to take whoever lasts. This draft is deep at OT and LB which really helps us.

5. t.o.titansfan

t.o.titansfan Camp Fodder

isnt the salary he is making good enough? i dont see a reason for him being owed anything! if our offense was lights out this year then maybe but i dont think he is in a position to demand anything IMO

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, and another year like the last too and Chow might get that HC job he wanted .... Jeff's !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar