trade pick to the Jets?!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2toneblue77, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

99 days

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Keep the pick. No trade.

3. titans2871

titans2871 Adrian Who?

Good point, but first year draft picks do not count against the cap. The first year is free pretty much. So even if the Jets were in the worst position it would not hurt them if they had the 1st pick overall as long as they fix it before next year. I believe it has to do on who is their at 3 though. If Reggie is their, I have a feeling that a lot of teams will be calling. Same with Young...... Maybe not Leinart though... If Leinart is there I would consider it and move down. If you really wanted a QB you could grap more picks and take Culter later on. Who knows though.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the only way i move down is if it's Leinart

5. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

The earlier points about the Jets cap space are interesting. I didn't realise they were in that much cap trouble. Does anyone know what their cap situation is projected to be?
    I am sure it is a long shot at best, maybe even impossible, but what kind of cap number does JMac have for them? If they are cutting Cap dollars, maybe we trade for him?

Sounds impossible at first thought, but so did the Santana Moss shuffle.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

My sentiments exactly.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure JMac would help us hardly at all. JMac isn't a quality #1 WR and I'm not sure he is any better than the WRs we have now. Our rookies will be making a jump in their second year and Calico will be another year removed from his knee injury.

I saw the Miami article where they were considering the options Miami had to get a QB. Options discussed included trading Ricky Williams and Marty Booker to get a vet QB or move up in the draft. Only problem is Miami picks #16 but if we could get Ricky Williams who has a very low CAP number, a #1 WR in Booker and Miami's 1st and 2nd round pick or something would we consider it?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont know if you can drop down 13 spots, even for all of that.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

There's a reason they are willing to deal Williams and Booker.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Saban apparently would like T.O.

He and Chambers would make it easier for a rookie QB - but T.O can also make it hard for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar