trade pick to the Jets?!?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2toneblue77, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all we don't have a 3rd round pick to trade. Secondly we need a QB. The best scenario is to take a QB in the 1st and if anything trade down in the second to get and extra pick but still get a solid OL or LB/S.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

THAT'S a good plan.

Honestly, I think any of the guys we've talked about will be instant help. The QB's (including Leinart, the guy's got the goods, and it would've been a pipe dream to get him last draft) all look great (Young, Leinart, Cutler); Reggie Bush is about as sure of a bet as you can get, and even AJ Hawk and D'Brick look to be pretty solid choices. Either way, keeping the #3 and trading out of the 2nd round looks like a solid play, IMHO.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, it is a good plan, but...trading OUT of the second isn't a good move, IMO. There is too much talent. I might trade down a bit like we did last year with Detroit where we took Roos, but just think of all the first round talent that will get pushed out of round one and be there in round two. The players I think could be there at pick #35 are

Max Jean-Gilles
    Darnell Bing
    Ko Simpson
    Ahmad Brooks (think he might fall further - this year's Starks?)
    Abdul Hodge
    D'Qwell Jackson
    Jon Scott
    Laurence Maroney (he just might)
    Manny Lawson
    Martin Nance
    Winston Justice

I would really look to trade Volek and/or Henry to get some 2nd or 3rd round fodder. I've suggested trading them to New York before, and I would unload them both for a 2nd and 4th/5th (but would be happy enough to just get the Jets 2nd for the two of them). Imagine having pick #s 3, 35 and 36. What would you do with that?

I bet New York would go for that trade. They could take virtually whomever they wanted at #4 or even trade down since their two biggest needs would be satisfied.

We could fill some holes with #3, 35 and 36. I'm going to dream now.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sox was saying to trade down from the 2nd and get a 3rd, but not get out of the 2nd.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

From what I've seen, Winston Justice is going to be the second tackle taken.

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Count on it, we will have a third round pick. Think outside of the box.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That list makes my point. With that much talent we can drop as many as 10 spots in the second and get a 3rd rounder or early 4th. With the 45th pick we still end up with a quality player. The Roos example is a perfect example. If one of those guys left on the board are not projected before #45 but we like them as well as anyone at #35 might as well drop down.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was reading Banshee2's post.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree with Soxcat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar