Trade possibilities?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well we're three weeks into the season and I think it's safe for all of us to say to the Titans... We told you so.

As discussed here throughout the offseason, the lack of quality at the cornerback position, and playmakers at the WR position are as glaring as they've ever been. Cox has been a major liability opposite an "adequate" Mccourty and though Tajae is a valuable possession receiver, a playmaker who gets regular seperation, he is not.

My question is this, wih so much youth on this team already, and plenty of draft capital in next years draft, what experienced and productive NFLers do you thing might be attainable in the coming weeks to help bolster these positions?

With the emergence of Pryor this week, might Cleveland reconsider a reasonable offer for Gordon?

Might the Chargers be willing to part wih one of their quality corners?

Who else might be worth spending a 1st or a 3rd to add now?

2. RPD

RPD Starter

I can't help but notice you didn't mention QB as a problem.

• Troll Troll x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Cox is a liability but I can't imagine anyone trading a starting-caliber CB.

Rumor has it the Broncos are shopping Talib though they deny it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think despite his awful game today, he's not the first problem I would fix.

5. HurrayTitans!

Why trade now? Most were realists and expected another struggling season with a max out of 6/7 wins. Patience through this season is hard, but necessary. Let JRob draft another year and continue to dump the garbage.

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Greg Roman. Instant upgrade no trade required.

Defensive could improve but is not the problem. It should be expected that the Offense score more than 17 points a game. Offense has pretty good personnel, deep threat wr that will fight for the ball is a need, but o is not that bad, its poorly coached.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Not gonna fix everything in one year. No sense to mortgage the future to get to 8-8...

You guys have seen the threads with Websters past picks... It will take more then a single year to turn this around. Relax. We've competed in every game so far.

Tho I would be interested in Gordon for a third but I don't see it happening.

8. AJ1221

AJ1221 Starter

Tony Romo

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. HurrayTitans!

Defense is playing well, but they have problems that need upgraded. Let's not pretend this is a true top 10 D. They need to do 2 things before that can happen, get Takeaways and get sacks. Not doing enough of either.

10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

You can
    You can always upgrade, the d is pretty good and does their job. Secondary is the obvious liability, but only giving up 17 points a game is not bad. No touchdowns in the first two, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar