Trade Scenarios per Bill Barnwell

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Meow, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meow

Meow Starter

Bill Barnwell released an article this morning on ESPN that listed trade scenarios for every team. I found it very interesting. He places a lot of value on our 2nd round picks and thinks the draft is deep in the middle and teams will covet those picks which is why we are listed in several of these scenarios. He also thinks future picks are very valuable and underrated. I will link the entire article but copy and paste the titans related ones for convenience. What do you guys think about these? Which one would you do?

Bill Barnwell offers up a mock draft in which every team makes a trade - 2016 NFL draft

4. Cowboys trade 1-4, 6-189 to Titans for 1-15, 2-33, 3-76. (would give up more but would still get either Tunsil/Ramsey)

8. Browns trade 1-8 to Titans for 2-45, 2017 first-round pick (Tunsil still a possibility, although Buckner/Bosa/Jack or Ronnie Stanley more likely plus if I read this right, still get to keep the 15 pick) My favorite one. Pick a stud D player at 8, take Conklin/Stanley/Decker at 15. The draft would be won right there IMO.

15. Titans trade 1-15, 2-43 to the Ravens for 1-6. Possibly Tunsil, more likely Jack or Buckner.

21. Washington trades 1-21, 5-158 to Titans for 2-43, 2-45. Pick up another 1st rounder for the 2 2nd's we picked up from St Louis

27. Packers trade 1-27, 3-88, and 5-163 to the Titans for 2-43, 2-45.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Meh.. Does sound good immediately but I feel like next year we gonna want those 2 firsts

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

I agree the draft is loaded next year, need to keep the 2 firsts.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Meow

Meow Starter

I certainly agree that next year's draft would be loaded but this would be a great chance to get better NOW. Imagine having Picks 8, 15, 33, and 43 in a DEEP draft (not great but deep) That would fill a lot of needs really quickly

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Meow

Meow Starter

I also wouldn't be upset if we didn't make another move at all. I feel like we've already done very well. Just thought these were some very interesting scenarios in a time where us degenerates are salivating for news and tidbits of info

6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

The rams 1st they gave us is the last pick I want to give up. 2 first rounders will be perfect for next years draft.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Imagine having 2 top 15 picks next year and grabbing a defensive STUD + one of those insane RB's

8. Meow

Meow Starter

Oh I know, I love the idea. Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Royce Freeman etc. would be perfect. But dang it I'm too impatient!

9. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

This one interests me the most. Guarantees that either Bosa, Tunsil, Jack, Buckner, or Ramsey will be there.

I'm surprised no one is looking at a trade with the 49ers. If they get rid of Kaepernick and need a QB they could trade back and go for Paxton Lynch or Connor Cook. I'd love to trade up to 7, that spot is ideal and not that expensive.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I would rather stay put and use the 6 early picks this year, the 5 early picks next year and basically build 1/2 a starting team with two drafts...IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar