Trade up to #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Brees had Gates in SD. The Saints need a TE. If it takes trading Ben Troupe to get into the #2 spot to get Leinart, I do it.

:chuck:
  2. Tonye209

Tonye209 209 Cali

Maybe erron kinney But Troupe? i wouldnt he;s to young
  3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I don't like the price (but I would be willing to throw in Woolfolk), but I absolutely agree with the intent. If we move into #2 we almost guarantee ourselves Leinart. In my mind there is no doubt he is the biggest piece ofthe puzzle in getting us back to the playoffs.
  4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

You guys are nuts. We have no ammo to trade up, if it even made sense. We'll trade down before we trade up.
  5. metal957

metal957 In"Vince"Able

Why in the hell would we do that. Makes no sense we will have a shot at whoever. And like RoyHobbs said we will probably trade down before we trade up.
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Troupe ready to rock!

The guy is starting to put up almost gates-whitten type numbers. He averaged 60 yards per game in his last 6 games almost a 1000 yard pace and that includes a game when he didn't have any yards at all. He had a 67 yard game, an 89 yard game and a 116 yard game. Consider that tony gonzales didn't have one 100 yard game last year.

Wouldn't seem right to move up to draft lienart and also lose a weapon like troupe. This guy can put serious numbers for us. He will give us wycheck type numbers for many years to come.
  7. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

for once i agree with you.
  8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Same here. No way is losing Troupe a good idea, and in no way is trading up a good idea.

For one, that's mortgaging the future. Teams have you if they think you're desperate and trading up one spot is a sign of desperation. Whichever falls, Leinart or Young is fine at #3, and I don't think it's worth that much sweating one over the other. I would like us to draft Young myself, but I don't want to trade up to do it. Even if teams traded into #1 and #2 and took those guys, I might just take Cutler at #3. But trade up? No.
  9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sure wish the Titans had been able to get Whitten. He is a good one. I still remember seeing him out run Florida's secondary in college. Not many TE's can do that.
  10. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

we had our chance, he lasted until the third round.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.