Trade up to #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It would be a smart move by the Jets. They think Leinart is the #1 QB prospect in this draft. So do a lot of other people.

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=262

Some may even think he's worth trading up for. It seems the Jets do.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Are we forgetting a team can take only one pick?

Young, Leinart and Bush are out there. I'd take any one of the three at #3. In fact, I'd trade the #3 pick with the Jets if Leinart on the board and take Cutler at #4.

No way would I trade up. Makes no sense.

3. TITANZFN09

TITANZFN09 Starter

Is Leinart that much better than Young that we would give up a good player and a pick to get him? Stay at #3 and take Young !!

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It makes perfect sense if you think Matt Leinart is the clear-cut #1 QB prospect in the draft, and know that several teams in the league would be willing to trade up into the #2 spot to take him.

If you're satisfied with Vince Young and are willing to wait however long it takes for him to develop, then I can see why it makes no sense to you. It does to others.

Honestly, if we don't get Leinart, I'd rather develop Cutler.

But it's Leinart in '07 for me.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

In a structured NFL offense, facing NFL defenses, I believe he will be.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Leinart was in the mold of Carson Palmer trading up would be a consideration. Leinart IS the top QB but the distance between him and the other two is not that great. IMO the only reason Leinart is so highly rated is he had super star skill players around him and an NFL OL. This idea of lifting Leinart onto some throne is simply stupid. The main reason a team like the Jets would even consider trading up to get him is if they want him to play ASAP where no way Young is ready and Cutler might need some time although I'm not sure Cutler is any less ready than Leinart. Think about it, why would Cutler be any less ready except that Leinart also had NFL level coaching while at USC and Cutler didn't. IMO Cutler will be as good or better than Leinart in a couple of years anyway.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree. IMO Leinart is close to NFL ready based on coaching and style. Cutler is second and Young is a distant 3rd. Young could easily last until the Raiders pick IMO unless Cutler is still on the board.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well, OK. I'd trade up if they'd take Sirmon.:winker:

9. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Young, Bush, Williams, Brick, Cutler, Lienart in that order. Wait till Matt runs a 5.0 40 and shows an average arm at his pro day. All this crap about him being another Tom Brady and having all these intangibles is B.S. Tom Brady is in the perfect system for him with the perfect coach/team to succeed in the NFL....similar to Big Ben and Cowher. In 1999-2002, we were most successful running the ball and playing keep away from the opposing offense (i.e. Fisher and Les Steckel's ball control) like the Steelers. In such a system, the QB needs to keep the chains moving...with his arm, legs, in anyway possible. Given Reese's unwillingness to invest big dollars in the OL, a mobile QB is essential, which makes Young or Cutler a better choice, especially after we trade out of the #3.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

is this on the wonderlic logic exam portion? no wonder VY failed so miserably. can't you see that everything you are arguing against is what the team is in reality trying to do? the perfect system argument? please, that's bannana pancake... you know... Bannana pancake pine tree tractor moo cow. That makes more sense to me.:lol:

edit: I likes me some mobile quarterback. :winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar