Trade up to #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't read the New York papers.

It was just a speculation thread. Honestly, I made it up and created a thread called "Schuab to sign with Jets"
    I put a link to the front page of the jets website.
    Big deal. It's not like it said Eddie George signing with Panthers.
    That's just flying pig territory there.
    It was speculation presented as news. Just not "fake news"...
    That link that Brian has posted tripped me out. I was just thinking about the Jets yesterday and it seemed about as legitimate as Volek to be a Raven???:suspect:

Bipolar can't start the rumors that the POST publishes.
    He can only think of them at the same time while still unaware.:sad2:

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Chow's offense at BYU, South Carolina, and USC was a three receiver, one-back set that racked up a ton of yards and points...not exactly the run and shoot, but close. It wasn't high flying here because our players sucked. People on this Board are making an agrument that Lienart is the best fit because he knows the system. My points are (1) Chow's offense is not a proven commodity in the NFL and (2) He'll be outta here to become a college head coach at the first good opportunity, so the QB we draft will outlive Chow and his system.

BTW, do you work at IHOP or something???

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no, I'm a sheetmetal mechanic.
    I see what you mean now. Some of the terminology you used...
    nevermind that. I see what you are saying... but are you saying that McNair was unable to play his game? Did the entire offense suck? What made Chow fail?

4. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

McNair was not the problem. The OL was terrible and that effects all that you are trying to do. We had rookie WR's, Henry got suspended, Bennett got hurt...it could have been a bunch of dumb luck. Some of it may have had to do with Chow running a little too much of Dinger's offense and mixing it with his....let's hope this year turns out better.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it is fair to put some of McNair's problems on the OL and a lack of targets but he made a number of mental errors last year and was just horrible in others. Go back and look at some of the grades given to him after some games which were done on the site. He was far from his MVP form last year.

6. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

McNair looked rushed on a lot of his mistakes or he looked like he was forcing the issue trying to win with his arm and not trusting his team it was very clear that his timing was off with the receiving corp and he didnt seem to trust them I understand bennett was keyed by the defense but he Volek always finds him more often just one of those qb wr relationships similar to mcnair wychek and mcnair mason he needs to build that rapport once again be it givens or bennett or one of the young guys (jones seemed to be fitting that bill until injury) alot of the best qb's had their go to wideout marino clayton favre and sharpe favre and brooks etc. i would put rice in there with young and montana but rice would have been good with ryan leaf in his prime lol anyhow to get mc9 looking mcmvp we need to see a consistant running game and a better qb wr rapport in chow's system or anyone else's he has to win now so I bet he'll put in the work to get this team better. One way or another.

7. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Well, I was wondering about Mcnair until they tried putting Volek in. Then I really saw how bad the Oline was. I still think volek is a solid qb and could be a starter on some clubs. I also think tht Mcnair has lost a step or two, but mostly I think last years problems were Oline and WR.

To be honest I think we solved a big part of that when we let hopkins go. How many penalties did he have last year? I've seen the number, but I'm too lazy this morning to look it up.

Add that to his domestic violence dispute, and I'm pretty glad he's gone. DV stuff bothers me more than pac's stuff.

8. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

The thing I noticed most about McNair was that he never ran when things broke down (which they did alot). I know there is a risk for injury and he had the sternum operation, but he was not a dual threat at all. He's never been the most gifted pocket passer. His mobility is what set him apart and I did not see much of that last year. I realize age might be catching up with him too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar