Trades?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JM1995, Oct 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

Funny how we scream for a new coaching staff every year. Actually I think maybe only the Patriots are all in for their coach lol.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Exactly what convincing lead did we have on Minnesota, Oakland, and Houston?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We should be careful.....many want McDaniels....but Kiffen will be out this year. With our luck we end up with him.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Mid season trades are for contending teams

5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

I can't see that we are only 3 games better then last year despite our play. Nobody in this division is running away with it and after playing the Colts and Texans just reassures me of that. No reason why we can't split the rest of the matchups and sweep Jax. Those other teams are all beatable, none of those teams are playing lights out. We clearly need work but I'm not throwing in the towel yet 7 games in.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No one is throwing in the towel but I don't see how a trade makes the Titans that much better.

Too many holes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titanfanatic

I agree we do need to fix somethings but you bring Haden or any shutdown cb that's one less problem you need to worry about. You take TY out of that game yesterday we win. Our division all have a legit #1. Hopkins, TY, and Robinson, you take those guys out and that alters the game plan, instead of two guys you use one. And that goes with all the rest of the teams that have a #1. I'm not saying we run the table and all our problems our solved but it sure as hell would help especially when we keep getting torched by the opposing teams best player.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Haden is still broken so he didn't see the field yesterday. If he was healthy, the Browns may have beaten the Titans a week ago.

Check some history here. Name me any team who made a trade for a guy mid season that took them to the promised land. This isn't MLB and mid-season trades are rare.

The reality of it, IMO, is that most of us expected the improvement from last season to this was going from two wins to five or six. We wanted the Titans competitive for four quarters and taking a few wins at home.

From what I can see, that's what we're getting so far this season.

This Titans team is improved but lacking. It has a QB who shows promise but is inconsistent like in many other positions. But there's a running game which is something we've not had for a few years.

Trader Jon has got things going in the right direction. But winners are built through the draft.

If he drafts well, the Titans should flirt with a playoff spot. Years beyond, much more.

9. titanfanatic

I didn't expect him to solve all our problems or take us to the promise land and I stated that. I said he would solve a key part on defense that's missing mightly. Cox sucks, Mccain sucks, Blake blows , and Mccourty is overpaid. I agree you do build through the draft but we know what we're getting with these guys and this has been a problem for awhile now. It eventually needs to be addressed so why wait. All I'm saying is if you can grab a CB of his caliber for the right price why not pull the trigger.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

We do have a lot of holes and building through the draft is the way to go. But, if we could land a decent wr or cb without loosing a 1st rounder, i think we should do it. we aren't looking anything like a sb team right now, but if we make the playoffs, its a whole new season. we need to continue trying to build a winning culture here. idc if we get a guy that can only provide us with 50 more yards a game or can take 50 away from the opponent, that's about all we've been loosing by. we need to do what we can, when we can in order to win now, outside of trading ours 1sts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar