Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Mett only threw one pick 6 (and I still believe that was Hunter's fault), I believe.

He turned the ball over too much. That's for sure. But if he had put in an entire season of work, he would've had comparable stats to Luck as a rookie. No one ever mentioned the fact that Luck turned the ball over more than everyone in the league other than Sanchez in 2012 (and again turned the ball over more than everyone other than Bortles and Cutler in 2014).

Spare me the "he didn't win" crap. I've heard that plenty... I don't think you could put any of the losses on him... unless you blame him and not Hunter for the pick 6 against the Steelers.

And again, the OL is absolute garbage. Work on fixing it in free agency and the draft (not the 1st round though), and Mett will naturally improve.

Winston would go 2-14 with this team too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea I don't like Mett and I don't think he is the answer, but I believe he earned another shot.

I'd like to do defense heavy in the draft and free agency and pick up a solid weapon on offense.

I'd also like to bring in Hoyer as insurance and see what happens. I just really think going QB early will end up with a bust.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Personally, I am fine with Whitehurst as a backup... I know the stat line from today's game is absolutely awful, but he was about as good as you'd want a backup to be. Our OL is just that bad.

I don't see a point in bringing in Hoyer now. We can just draft another QB in the mid to late rounds. Go Mett, Whitehurst, rookie.

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think Hoyer is a better proven Passer than CBJ. I don't think he can win games that are actually competitive. Granted Hoyer may not even see free agency now.

Bottom line is, I'm not sold on either one enough for them to lead the team in competitive games. Hoyer has proven he is capable of that.

5. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'd like to take a moment and remind people that we could very possibly be in this situation next year (top 10) it takes awhile to rebuild. This isn't a 1 season deal. many teams like the lions, jags, rams, ect were hovering in the top ten consistently.

I'm looking for progress next year. Steps towards an identity. If we make the playoffs fine, if we are closer than this year and show quantifiable progress than great! Let's load up another year and get playoffs.

Now Tommy Boy wants playoffs next year no matter what which is a great goal to have as a owner - no bs, he wants to win now. That should allow Whiz and Web to break the bank on FA but we don't have the luxury to miss on virtually any picks in FA or Draft. The chances of that happening in my opinion are low. Even great GMs miss and our Coach can't bend his system to meet his player's strengths.

So with that said, I would encourage people to curb their enthusiasm if we get a top 5 talented stud on D. It will take a couple of those to make playoffs.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Exactly how I feel about Mett. I'd rather give him another year than risk #2 on Winston. I still think Mett can reach a Joe Flacco type level, which can be good enough. He'll have a full summer learning the offense, getting chemistry w his targets.. the biggest thing is he meeds time in the pocket. Dude cant get outside the pocket to save his life and our OL was trash. If we can fix the OL, I believe Mett will impress us all.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Seriously, this was the trade:

Washington received: QB Robert Griffin III

St. Louis received: DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah Pead, G Rokevious Watkins, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Zac Stacy, OT Greg Robinson

Turned out to be their DT1, CB1, OLB1, WR3, RB2, and RT1 all for RG3. I'd love to pull off the same trade with the Jets for Winston.

Just imagine we do #2 for '15 1st, '15 2nd, '15 4th, '16 1st, and '17 1st.

#6 - Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
    2nd - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
    2nd - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
    3rd - Best OG available
    4th - Best NT/S available (our pick)
    4th - Best NT/S available (NYJ pick)
    4th - Best WR available (Verner comp)

7 picks in the Top 150, this year. Then in '16 & '17 we'll have two firsts. Our entire roster lacks talent, this is how we rebuild people.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Jets are very capable of making that trade too.

9. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

yea, I rather give Mett another shot instead of going after an expensive vet QB. Throw the money at re-building the defense. If we bring in someone like Cutler he'll cost some money. I'm down if we bring in a vet for really cheap.

If Mett doesn't pan out after next season, then yes let's go after a QB.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Keep dreaming. After rg3 tanked- most teams are going to be very leery of any prospect as questionable as Winston is with his character. Rg3 was stud across the board coming out. Then it got ugly and he started to butt heads with every coach imaginable.

Sure those trades are awesome. We however won't be getting multiple year firsts for Winston. I just can't see it. Too many red flags.

I'm tempted to swing and miss with Winston tho. We drafted the LT, now it's time to go QB. Mett isn't the answer. Maybe trade mett in a year or two for a third after some solid preseason work.

Or draft Winston and trade him if both show signs of life.

Defense is the route I would go if we can trade the pick for a slew of picks tho.

Only concern is if we turn the defense around we will be in the rams shoes. 8-8 trying to land the elusive qb.

The best qb prospects always go in the top 5. And 8-8 for 3 years while mett struggles won't help us land a top qb that we all know we need to truly be contenders with luck in our division. It's the manning era colts all over again.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar