Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimJudy

TimJudy Guest

The only thing that saves us in the draft is if Tampa takes Winston which is not going to happen. The teams behind us are not likely to trade up to take Winston after the season he had this year(on and off the field). I would love to trade out of this pick and maybe get Cooper or Williams either player I am sold on. We have a GM who ripped the Seahawks apart and made them a losing franchise and he is doing the same thing here but why is no one talking about that? We can not build through the draft because we need so much help we have to bring in some free agents that are proven. We will be near the top of the draft for the next few years so we can grab a QB then because there are better QB's coming out. This is just my opinion and everyone has one.

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we trade back now... We need to consider Danny Shelton. Dude can have a Ngata type of impact for our team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ruston Webster was only their GM for 2 weeks, he had his hand in the team but he wasn't cruising that ship quite how youre saying. Plus by the time Webster had any influence there that team was at the end of their rope, all old players, why pay over the hill players?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TimJudy

TimJudy Guest

In his 3 years with that team he took it apart just he is doing to us.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd love that trade, pick up Shelton, and either Mauldin or Parker....or both.

**** yea, don't get me started.

6. TimJudy

TimJudy Guest

Shelton would be a great fit for us.

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Would love that

8. JCBRAVE

Bad signings aside, what great players has he sent packing?

Chris Johnson was a shell of his old self, David Stewart was finished as an NFL Tackle, are you a Ryan Fitzpatrick fan or something? Webster can be criticized for a few bad contracts, but dont try to say he's tearing down a good team, he took over when we were in bad shape. And I guess still being in bad shape is partly on him, but the way 2014 played out it was anyone but the GM's fault. No team can stock up 4&5 deep the way we needed to be in 2014.

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

The only player I can think of is Verner. We let him go, and never really addressed his position (basically just gave the job to BWW) I think that was a mistake.

But I don't see him tearing the team apart because he doesn't want to pay people (as @TimJudy suggested) ... If anything, Webster has overpaid people in FA (which I am totally okay with if that is what it takes to get players in here)

The only bad side is, he hasn't picked very good players to overpay. Levitre, Oher, Wimbley were just a waste of time and money.

10. JCBRAVE

Webster made him an offer, Verner left us, remember that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar