Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I want absolutely nothing to do with any QBs in this draft at #2....period. None of them are worth the pick IMO.

That said, remember that there are plenty of Dan Snyder-like morons out there. As such, I could see a team reaching for Winston at #2 (hopefully not us as mentioned above, although at this point we may be one of the Dan Snyder-like moron teams as well).

I am all for trading the #2 pick to one of the other teams looking QB, then trying to pick up a Hoyer or Orton (or someone of that ilk) as a serviceable short term backup plan should Mett (who deserves a second season, but not without a real...not CBJ....safety net IMO) falter.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If we can trade back and still land Cooper or Ray, I'd be ecstatic.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I would love to see us get the Jet's 1st, 2nd & 3rd this year plus next year's first for #2. The third this year would be in lieu of a 1st 2 years from now. My guess is Ruston will want the picks now instead of when he's no longer here 2 years from now.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

@Ensconatus is right on this. There is no team that is gonna give up anything close to the RG3 deal anytime soon. That was a mistake that will hurt Washington long after RG3 is gone. I would love for NYJ or any other team to give us an offer we can't refuse for the #2 pick but I just don't see that happening.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The issue is I dont think Winston will be a successful NFL QB. Nobody is saying that QB isnt a need, it's that we shouldnt waste an early pick on an avg QB.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Imagine this haul:

#6: Amari Cooper/Shane Ray
    #33: Markus Golden/Bud Dupree/Eli Harold/Sammie Coates (opposite of what we did in 1st)
    #37: ^^ or La'el Collins/Josue Matias (if we plan to cut Levitre)

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Good god no.
    The LAST thing this team needs is being potentially bound to another half decade of headcase, locker-room splitting, fan-dividing QB psychodrama.
    I keep hearing "oh if he matures he'll be great". Welp, due to the knowledge of good-ole human nature we know this isn't likely at all, at least until he's maybe 30, if then even.
    And we absolutely do not know Mett's ceiling.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

As long as there are Mark Davis' Woody Johnson's and Dan Snyder's in the league it's always very possible.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

If we stay put at #2, take Cooper or Williams.. No to Gregory or Winston.

Trade back, Cooper would likely be gone at 4 to Oak.. Williams too, although I could see a scenario where he's around at 6.. Take Ray if both are gone in a trade back scenario.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Outside of the crab **** and him being a lower level manziel on some issues... The sex allegations... The kids got the goods. Anticipation and too many coaches saying he's decisive as anyone they have ever been around. He might be too smart for his own good. He might be a head case. I think it's less than what media has created. Newtons a head case as well. Winston will be better than him. By a mile. Even if he doesn't reach his peak.

Coulda shoulda woulda had teddy if the titans hired me as a GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar