Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Unless we can trade the pick. For a castle.... We take Famous

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Kills me to admit this, but I was just thinking:

A Titans & Jets trade back is popular around here, and likely will be a hot topic around draft time... But if Titans are willing to trade back, it means they don't want Winston -- A team usually make this trade to jump ahead of team that wants prospect.. If Titans are willing to move back, that means they don't want Winston -- In this case, teams 3-5 (Jax, Oak, Wsh) are not a threat to the Jets should they want Winston -- Meaning Jets could just stay pat at 6 and select Winston.
    Perhaps the Bears will be a surprise partner for us at 7, should they fall in love with Winston.

We are probably going to have a tough time trading back, meaning we'll likely stay pat and select Williams or Cooper. I rather trade back, but nabbing Cooper or Williams is a great move, whether at 2 or 6/7 -- It's just better at 6/7 haha

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's why we have to pretend as if we are likely to go with a QB at #2. Don't commit to Mett just yet.

Make teams think we're gonna take the rapist.

I'm just afraid we'll trade back for absolutely nothing... we suck at trading. *See Ayers trade and when we traded up for Cook, Hunter, and back for Sankey. All were absolutely terrible. We either gave up too much or didn't get enough in return.

4. Clark

Take the qb. I'm gonna scream this til I'm blue in the face. We don't believe in mett. Whiz doesn't.

Besides if the kid comes in and wins he will be instantly washed of all previous sins.

Sad but draft the qb. Doesn't matter how good your team is, a game changer qb can turn the team around for a decade.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Moving 2 to 6, I'd settle for 6, 37 & 1st next year.. Not a lot, but enough of a haul that we desperately need imo.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Clark

Mettenberger is qb purgatory.

Good enough to win games, just bad enough to never allow us to draft high enough to get a true star at the position.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Except he isn't a game changer.. Barely posted a respectable TD/INT ratio (24/17) with a very talented NCAA team

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I don't think anyone's giving up a king's ransom for Winston. Maybe not even for Mariotta. Therefore I don't see us successfully trading out of #2.

I still have some faith in Mett. It just sucks because he didn't show enough to prove he IS the guy but he also showed enough to where you can't rule it out either. Once again we're stuck in this weird limbo of not really knowing what we have at the QB position.

Still, if Winston is there at 2 I'd be really tempted to take him. I say keep swinging at QB until you hit a homerun.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Clark

The last thing to be worried about is some TD:int stat.

He took chances. He's still young. Only a sophmore. If he was a senior, he'd have the experience id like before Moving to the next level. But we don't have that luxery. Take the talent you can. And he is talented. Don't mistake that. He's not dumb like VY. The offense ran thru him. He called all the protections and reads and hot routes.

He needs to be reigned in. Become a surgeon. He has that ability. We have the coach to do it.

Breath and swing. Cuz if we don't swing now... We will be dying to get back into the top 5 to draft a real qb.

For another three or 5 seasons of mediocrity

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree he's nothing like VY on the field; VY couldn't even read defenses or run an offense, whereas Winston is very good at doing both. I know that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar