Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Damn that's generous.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah I haven't been impressed with his draft day trades at all. Hopefully he doesn't mess this one up. please get foles, cox and the 20th pick. Lol

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

hopefully the Eagles don't play it smart and just trade to get the 5th pick. mariota isn't getting drafted Before the jets

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

That's honestly not enough! The Eagles 5th, 6th and 7th rnd picks are worth very little. So would you drop out of the top 15 for an extra 2nd, 2 3rds (next years 2nd rnd pick is the equivalent to a 3rd rnd pick this year), and a 4th? No ty!!!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. titanbaknedkly

titanbaknedkly Starter

I have to agree with Gut and not nearly enough. We don't need the lower rd draft picks only to cut them. At 2 we will pick either Winston if he falls or Mariota. Otherwise we will trade to Philly. There is is plenty of defensive talent in free agency and we have money to spend to transform the defense more so than taking a DT at #2, however how good he is. There is not nearly as much offensive talent in free agency at WR or QB. If we do decide to trade with Philly I see their first 3 draft picks this year along with another 2-3 future first. That includes having Foles (around a third throw-in) and either DT Cox (will reluctantly give up if he has to) and/or OLB Connor Barwin added in. You don't trade Mariota (Kelly's Aaron Rodgers) for anything less because more than likely all of Philly's future draft picks will be low (25-32 range).

Unless we trade with Philly we will go QB at 2 and WR at 33. That will give us our potential franchise QB with a franchise WR to go along with him. We still have Hunter and Wright but they are B to C receivers. TN will look to add some explosive playmakers and I see Mariota and Dorial Green-Beckham as a way to do that on offense. Our explosive defensive playmakers will probably come from free agency and/or a trade with Philly.

Also we will not draft Mariota and then try and trade him to Philly. If we draft Mariota then we are keeping him. If we traded Mariota his #2 slot rookie cap hit will stay with us even if he leaves.

#555 titanbaknedkly, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  6. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

I would personally rather do a deal with the Bears or someone like that so we didn't have to trade all the way down to 20.

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Cleveland will trade to 2 ahead of Philly

8. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

What if Kelly offers

Fletcher Cox
    Mychal Kendricks
    Nick Foles
    2014 1st
    2014 2nd
    2015 1st

plus additional picks varying

No contracts talk has surfaced with Cox and Kendricks, which it still is early. Also with the trade for Kiko Alonso Kendricks become expandable.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's what I'm hoping, that would make picking at 20 a little to take....add in Jordan Matthews as well

10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Trade to the Browns get the 12th , 19th, 3rd rounder, and next years 1st.

Or trade it for Joe Haden

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar