Trading Down + Sean Payton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dtm586, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

If you could be in charge of the Titans draft - what's your pipe dream? Here's my 2 cents ...

Sure the Titans could stay pat and go with the "safe non-sexy" pick like every mock known to man as offered up to the Titans , selecting Laremy Tunsil the big LT to protect Mariotas blind-side (sliding Taylor Lewan over to RT)

Now that's most likely going to happen but what if ... Something a lot more dramatic and news-worthy happens ...

Saints are rumored to be offering a 2nd round pick for their HC Sean Payton. Now rumor is a 1st round pick?

For sake of argument let's say the Titans give up their top 2nd RD pick and now give Sean Payton the controls of our team and all in on turning the anemic offense around.

Meanwhile, the Titans not done yet, also trade their top overall pick to someone like , let's say , San Francisco (they can grab their guy @1 CAL QB Goff.

Thus the Titans move down a little and now own 2 selections in the 1st round.

This allows them to select a much needed playmaker on the back end of the defense, namely corner / safety.

Enter : Jalen Ramsey or Vernon Hargreaves.

Then with still a selection later on in the 1st and the secondary soared up for now - they can turn to a blocker for Mariota ...

Enter : Ronnie Stanley, Jerald Hawkins or BA.

Boom. It's just so crazy, it just may work.

So it's either A: Tunsil and Mularky

Or B: Ramsey, Stanley and Payton.

Thinking outside the box, a dream obviously will probably not happen. Titans stay put and draft the big LT out of Old Miss. But it's always fun to talk about - especially when theirs so many holes and options out there, instead of just staying put @1.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

any pick for a coach not named Bill Belichick is completely stupid.

Brees is still playing pretty well, and their team still lost to this horrible (worst in the NFL) Titans team. What will he do without a borderline HOF QB?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

True. Payton has never had to develop any QBs in his career, he's had Brees to coast off his HC accomplishments.

Either way I still rather trade that #1 pick for more later picks like a corner + O tackle

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

I have a similar dream scenario, where San Francisco is desperate to get Goff so they trade up with us and give us a package of some nice picks in return. We take Jalen Ramsey at 7 and then trade back up in the 1st with a combination of the San Francisco haul and our own picks to draft Ronnie Stanley.

It's unlikely and there are so many moving parts here, but I'd sh*t myself if we came away with Ramsey and Stanley after Day 1.

Not interested in trading our 2nd for Payton. Just get up and coming star Adam Gase and keep that great asset.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I'd prefer a trade down and gain extra picks, but in your scenario, how do we get 2 1st's from San Fran?
    I'm ok with Payton but wouldn't trade for him. Brees I think made Payton more than anything.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

These threads - LOL.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

image.jpeg
    Hey my arch nemesis is back

Been awhile since you trolled my ****

Attached Files:

8. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

My scenario wasn't 100% thought out heh , just ideas being thrown out - leave that for Underwood and co.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Well in that case let's trade our 1 for 3 first rounders lol

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Throw in Griff and it's a done deal!

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar