Trading Down + Sean Payton

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by dtm586, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

Trade down and collect an extra second round pick from the Boys.

Take either Tunsil or Ramsey at 4.
    Trade one of the 2nds plus a 4th to move up and take Ezekiel Elliot at the end of the 1st.
    Either fill in CB or OT depending on who we didn't get in the first with the other 2nd.

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

A first round pick is one t.hing, first overall is another thing altogether.

I'd never give up a pick for a coach, btw

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't understand where you get 2 1st round picks from. If we trade our 2nd round pick to NEw Orleans for Payton and then trade back from #1 to whatever San Fran is, we'd only have 1 first round pick - San Fran's. Maybe they give us their second and maybe a third round pick for moving up to #1 overall, but in essence you'd only have San Fran's pick in rounds 1 and 2.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Payton was with the Cowboys from 2003-2005 and has been credited with developing Tony Romo during that time. It wasn't until 2006, though, after Payton left for the Saints gig, that Romo became the starter in Dallas.

Agree with you about trading down for extra picks to use on a corner & OT.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

LOL - who are you again?

• LOL LOL x 4
  6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

It's stupid to consider trading for a coach. That's why Tampa got burned doing it, with Gruden, and why it's very rare. If a team isn't happy with it's coach, they will rid themselves of him...case in point, Kelly. Funny how many pundits were talking about us trading Philly for him, and within a few weeks he's fired.

I'd be happy with either, because they do have a good record overall. No HC stays on top forever, unless you have Tom Brady as your QB. But even then, Belichick got fired from Cleveland before he went to the Patriots. Then he wasn't tearing up the league with Drew Bledsoe at QB. :)

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

A deal with Dallas may be possible. I thought they might go after Manziel but I think Manziel is throwing his chances away

LeBron's agency cuts ties with Manziel - Article - TSN

Dallas might want to jump ahead of Cleveland to get a QB

8. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

My plan is amazing if hargraves drops.

Can you imagine coming away with Tunsil, Elliot and Hargraves?

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That would be 3 needs filled, although Id rather sign Okung than draft Tunsil, sign WR Jeffrey in FA, new GM, new HC and we will make some noise!!

It would be nice to have a draft that caused some buzz for a change

#19 Ontario Titan, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't see Elliot making it to the end of round 1 as he's probably the best RB in the draft. But where do you think hargreaves drops to in your scenario?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar