Trading Johnson To Fisher & Rams For #2 Pick Overall;

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JimmyTitan, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

My personal draft opinion;

(((Jadeveon Clowney, Justin Gilbert and Johnny Maziel are my personal BIG three players in the 2014 NFL Draft and three players that can seriously replace a few gaping holes going into this off-season. The Question is, with staying at the #11th overall pick, what are the chances any one of the BIG three will be there to select???)))

I would HATE, HATE, HATE to see Chris Johnson leave our Titans, especially for 2014 to at the very least see what the new coach and staff can do with him. The perfect trade, at best, to maximize getting the BEST value possible is to give the NFL's fastest and still productive running back to the coach that originally drafted him, and is very much needed in St. Louis to compliment Bradford and company.

Since both Johnson and Verner both seem to be almost certainly OUT of Nashville, Justin Gilbert should be the next great cornerback in Pro Football, and slide perfectly into Verner's spot in the starting lineup. Jadeveon Clowney is the defensive end who we desperately NEED and NEED NOW, that can play both end and linebacker. If the changing of the guard and entire coaching staff was the popular decision after the season, aligning the Titans in an entirely different and new direction, it would make even more sense for the elite "quarterback coaching" Whisenhunt to draft Manziel and turn him loose under his direction in the NFL, like Pagano and Carroll are doing in Indy and Seattle.

My "Fan" Conclusion; I'd keep CJ for at least 2014 if we can't get the #2 spot and hope to draft Gilbert or Matthews and pick up Tre Mason or Dri Archer in the later rounds. I have a feeling about Maziel no matter where he goes.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Sure. Like the Rams will give us the #2 spot for CJ.
    As to Manziel....:puke:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is this even being discussed? They can sign CJ as a free agent in a mater of days. Why would they even give up a 7th rd pick for him?

Here we have an extreme example of what happens every off season. A player who doesn't have enough value to us to keep him on at his current salary is somebody another team would be willing to give the 2nd pick in the draft for?

WTF kind of logic is that?

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I think he's saying #11 and CJ. I don't want to put words in his mouth though. I still don't see them doing that with Stacey lighting it up over there. I would be all for it though to grab Bridgewater/Clowney.

The only way I would be ok with Manziel is if we take at 6th round or later. I hate the guy as a person, but my unbiased football opinion of him is I don't think he'll make any significant impact in the NFL. Just doesn't have the physical or mental tools to be consistently good in the league. Not a great arm, not good pocket awareness, and misses way too many wide open receivers. His only positive is he can extend plays, but that is not the way any coach wants their offense to run on a consistent basis.

As for Clowney there are question marks about him, but I would be ecstatic if we landed him and Gilbert is not needed right now because I think our #2 CB is already on the roster in BW-W. I do like him as a player though.

My guy right now is Barr and I think we may be able to stay put and get him.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is the dumbest draft for a team picking 11th to trade up. We can get the same caliber players at 11 maybe even better than what we could get higher. The draft is loaded in the first rd!

There have been drafts like that look at 2005 and 2006 when a lot of bums and mediocre players came off in the top 10.

We can stay put and get the top DT on our board. We can get the top TE, a franchise WR.

CJ mosley is looking more like he will be there at 11.

There is no need to trade up! Even at QB a Dereck Carr is as good as any of those other guys. He might be better. What does Blake Bortles do that is better?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Will not happen..he will be cut...what is the point of this thread? Just checked...new guy.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

And maybe after that we can trade Kamerion Wimbley to the Browns for their 4th overall pick since teams are apparently willing to trade elite draft picks for overpaid players that are on the edge of being cut.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

This is just pure stupidness lol..I'd be happy to get our 3rd back for CJ, and that most likely won't happen...

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Verner could come back, that door is very much open.

As for trying to trade Christopher, he really doesn't have much value. The entire league is on standby waiting for his release. Anyone interested in him knows they can just have him after we cut him. Since he's a vested veteran, he is not subjected to the waiver wire, in other words, he couldn't be claimed, so all 31 other teams are options. Again, he holds zero trade value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar