Trading our 1st round pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I know this is a total long shot but please hear me out. If there are no impact players at DL, OL, LB or S should we look to trade our #1 pick for a proven vet?

I'm gonna just use Oakland as an example of teams that don't have early picks. Say there's nobody that just jumps out at us as a playmaker or difference maker when we come up to the podium at #20, would it be ok to look to move that pick?

Thoughts?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd look to move the pick, but only to trade down... hopefully to gain a late 1st and additional 2nd or 3rd. We have alot of needs to fill, and it wouldn't bother me to trade down. However, I don't see it happening.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Don't see it happening. If there is no one the Titans like available when they are on the clock, the only move that I could see happening is a trade back.

It would be really, really, really hard to negotiate a trade of the Titans' first round pick for a veteran player during the draft. It's only like 10 minutes that you are on the clock. That is not enough time to start calling teams and asking about what veteran players might be available. Not even close.

When was the last time such a trade happened? I can't even remember it happening.

4. Big Time Titan

I know that it hasn't happened much if at all and I'm sure that if we're not thrilled with who's on the board we'll still just use the pick on BPA.

So what I wanna know is if there is anyone out there that you would trade our #20 pick for?

Even more specifically what kind of vet could we get if we were to offer the #20 pick. I wasn't clear in my OP.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Are you saying we hold the Raiders up and demand their players for our draft picks?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes and no, we have some needs, not a lot. And who knows if the BPA at the time fits our "needs"... I say hold on to the picks at 20 and 52, no need to collect picks when we have 7 good ones.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The upside of drafting a rookie, even if all of the "impact players" are off the board is they are generally much younger than vets. If the rookie turns into a playmaker you have more years of that play than you would with a vet.

8. Big Time Titan

I wanna know what our #20 pick is worth, and who we could hypothetically trade it for?

Like could it snag us a guy like DRC, for example?

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

this is probably the first time I can remember that nobody has any real idea which way we will go. I mean, we usually atleast have the position agreed on by now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

No doubt, hopefully that's a good thing. I know it's still too early to tell but we more or less knew we were gonna take Morgan a couple years back. Last year looked to me like Fairley would be the pick so I was kinda surprised it ended up being Jake. Glad to say I'm happy we went that direction instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar