Trading out of #1. What will it take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanDiegoTitan

SanDiegoTitan Starter

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I hope something like that plays out, pick up another pick and draft Ramsey at 3

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Being able to trade down and still get Ramsey would be awesome. I'm also warming up to the thought of trading down with Philly getting a haul of picks and or players and drafting Ezekial Elliott. Either or we will certainly improve. :lol:

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

We have bigger needs than RB right now. Two biggest holes are OL and DB's . Then WR and RB.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I would be happy if the titans could trade #1 for a 1st round pick and an ESTABLISHED STAR PLAYER with some tread on the tires, and years left on a contract. better than wasting that extra 2nd on some scrub they would likely get.
    They need to use the cap space to pay players that are worth paying.. not Dexter McClusters.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think the only teams who may trade up: CLE, SF (if Kaep is traded, unlikely), & STL. Cleveland is only if they think we're about to trade #1, they want their QB & swap with us.. which has never happened before. So, it's up to STL.. they have #15 & 2 2nds. That plus '17 1st about gets it done for me. Problem is, will they really value QB1 over QB2 in this draft? Could easily stay at their pick, take the 2nd QB off the boards and add 2 2nd rounders to their team. Regardless, if they fall for a QB, there's potential there.

Time to give ole Fisher a call..

7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Tinker bell need a spread some pixie dust on Wentz so he can fly or something

8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I am starting to think the Rams are going to try to get Brock Osweiler in FA. Denver is not going to want to pay him like a franchise QB, and will want to keep the contract to two years maximum. They are probably going to let him see what he can get on the open market, and the Rams will probably offer him a contract Denver doesn't want to.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think the 49ers are the team that really could trade up. With Kelly as a new coach they are not in a win now situation. They can take a QB and have a few rough years while he develops. I think they will want Wentz because Baalke the GM used to coach at N. Dakota State. You know he would love to bring in a guy from his old school. You also know that he has been closely watching Wentz for 4 yrs unlike most GMs. Wentz has a good arm and has decent legs which is what fits Kelly's system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar