Trading Up?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

WHY would Detroit want to drop down to the 16th pick where they'd lose out on the top 5-7 players? All of our 2010 tradeable draftpicks would not be enough unless Matt Millen is giving them drafting advice!

Would you give up all of our picks PLUS Courtland Finnegan?

Unless a team is desperate to trade down they'd want a KINGS ransom for such a drop. Us not having a 2nd rnd pick would mean giving up a GOOD starter. Plus, they'd have good offers in which they can trade down a few spots and still nab a top 5 player AND get another high pick.

Unless there is a particular player we can't pass on (as in we have him rated a good bit higher than everyone left), we should trade down and try to recoup a 2nd round pick.

Gut

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Detroit trade was a joke, but there will be someone good at 1.16.

I say sit tight and see what falls

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I never said that this would ever happen, just said that Suh is worth trading up for. I wouldn't give up Finnegan. My whole point is Suh is gonna be a bonafide All-Pro. I know many can argue that he's never played a snap in the NFL but this kid is exceptional.

I would give up Hope or Thornton to trade up for him, cause adding Suh would help much much more than losing either of these two would hurt.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

A dominant DT is always worth moving up for. I'd give up our 16th pick, Hope, Thorton, and Haye to get Suh.

Moving Thorton would alleviate next years issues, and Hope is sloooooow now. Haye was useless and that 16th pick may turn out to be crap. We know Suh is going to be good, real good, and we could always move Fishers boy Harper to Safety.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I don't think it would take all that, but I still don't think we have enough firepower. Two years ago, Jacksonville moved up to 8 from 26 with their 1st, two 3rds, and a 4th. That said, Suh is probably the only player worth trading up for, and I'm sure other teams would want to trade up for him as well and have more to offer. Our only ace in the hole may be Schwartz. Not saying he would be willing to help his team throw picks away, but with him being the head coach, it may be more likely that communication between our teams is initiated before communication with other teams. I see this as fathomable. Not very frickin' likely, but fathomable.

6. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

No way would I sell the farm for one player. Do I think he is going to be a good player, YES! Is he worth sending away all of our picks or key pieces to our team, NO! Remember Matt Millen isnt running the show up their anymore. They would want several picks and good young talent, like Lendale, Finny, Griffin, etc. If we sent some of our key players away we would be no better off.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Hell, I would give them White and Griffin. Not Finnegan.

It would probably take picks from two drafts. First and a third this year, and a first or second and a third next year.

If he turns out to be a great DT, it's worth it. Look at what Minnesota gave up for Allen in picks, not to mention signing him to the then biggest contract given to a defender. I doubt they regret it.

It would be kind of crazy to give that up for a player who hasn't proven anything on the field, but I guess if you were that sure...

8. Big Time Titan

I don't see it happening because it seems like we're gonna stay put if not trade back if all of the top DL are gone by then.

I wouldn't mind seeing us trade back and maybe get a 2nd or another 3rd, but d@mn Suh would be a f...in' monster if he came here. Coach Washburn could really optimize this kids talent and take his game to a whole 'nother level.

Again, I understand that it would take a lot to trade up that high. But wouldn't it be worth it to give up #16 this year, #32 next year and either Hope/Griffin/Thornton/White?

Just my opinon, but I think Suh is totally worth it.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

10. Big Time Titan

This is very true, Suh might not even be the best DT in some teams eyes. I believe Suh is better than McCoy. But obviously the teams system might say otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar