TRAINING CAMP BATTLE #10 - Starting FS

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jul 5, 2007.

?
  1. Michael Griffin

42.9%
  2. Calvin Lowry

42.9%
  3. Vincent Fuller

5.7%
  4. Lamont Thompson

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wishing for Griffin but Lowry will be the starter.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'll add vote #4 for LT. Why? Not because he's our best option, but because I can see Fish being loyal again to a vet. Hope that's not the case, but don't be surprised.

3. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I would love to see Griffin as our starting FS, but because of this "plan" we have I dont think he'll be moved (hopefully he will) but Im just not seeing it. He is a GREAT FS but the coaches seem to feel the need to "still" try him out at corner and he might very well do good there but just let the man play where he got drafted as high as he did. I voted for Lowry because I think he is our best chance at having a good FS because they aren't moving him around. Lowry is a great player and can lay the wood. Whichever one it is Griffin or Lowry I won't be upset as long as it's not LT.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

OK here's what i think the scenario will be...

Week 1: Fisher starts Hope at SS and LT at FS. Hope does well, LT just continues to be LT. We lose the game. Fisher makes excuses for LT and puts the blame on our CBs and the lack of chemistry between them.

Week 2: same scenario. We do however start throwing Griffin in a couple of plays at CB. He sucks at the position and makes Woolfolk look like Pacman. Press starts having a field day with this.

Week 3: We barely pull the win and LT continues to start. Griffin warms the bench. In the limited time Griff plays CB during this week, he continues to struggle. LT contines to stink at FS and gives up major plays. Media eats this up even more and start questioning the decision to draft Griff.

Week 4: Bud threatens Fish. Fish makes excuses for himself and schwartz and then makes the last minute decision to start Griff at FS. We end up closing out the opp and winning the game. CBs play with more heart and so does Hope. Griff has an extremely good game.
    Griff remains at the position for the remainder of the season, and LT smiles and acts like hes cool with the decision and high fives the members of defense from the bench after each turn over.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You know the Fish far too well, don't you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar