TRAINING CAMP BATTLE #11b - PR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jul 8, 2007.

?

Same deal - Punt returner

Poll closed Jul 10, 2007.
  1. Courtney Roby

11.1%
  2. Cortland Finnegan

33.3%
  3. Chris Henry

7.4%
  4. Chris Davis

44.4%
  5. Michael Waddell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Paul Williams

3.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Starting PR.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We have had an endless bad run with our choices at WR but I have a good feeling about this years picks.

I hope Chris Davis can win this spot & work his way into the 1st team like D Mase did.

3. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I think he will. Davis did some PR in college and he was pretty good. He has that shiftiness. Plus, he's a WR with good hands, and we all know how important that can be.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

oops... I voted Finnegan without thinking, but I think 1/2 the reason they drafted Davis was for PR duties. I think we would be very happy with either - I just watched Finnegan's INT return against Jax, and he really showed some sweet moves. But yea, Davis should take this one.

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

It was a fumble return but close enough.

But seriously people Finnegan needs to do all our return duties. I have our last 7 games on my DVR thing and he is by far our fastest player on our team. During PacMans punt return against Philly he was running side by side with Adam and actually turned around to see if anyone was coming then turned back around and sped up and went passed Pac to pat him on his helmut when he got in the endzone. And he is strong as heck. When he returned the fumble for a TD he broke like 2 tackles then broke a tackle from MJD. And JD aint no pushover.

Remember that punt block?

This dude is our Pacman of this year.

Watch

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

i dont think speed is as important with punt returns as elusiveness and acceleration. if u look at pac’s returns, he want hitting the jests and just running past everyone, he was weaving in and out between defenders.

I think Davis should be our punt returner and Finnegan on kick returns.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Interesting that so many people are picking Davis....he needs to prove himself to me first. Finny will be the man here.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I voted Davis as well. One, because we don't want a starter fielding punts. Two, because he has the speed, good feet, and he's fairly small. Seems like smaller guys fair better in the PR game. Maybe they're harder to see?

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

True.. finnegan has the speed. But i'd like to see what Chris Henry can do.

10. I was told today that Chris Henry would be the punt returner. Doesn't mean he will, but it probably means he's the guy they are planning on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar