Training Camp Battle #3 - #2 Wr

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jun 23, 2007.

?
  1. Justin Gage

50.0%
  2. Courtney Roby

10.0%
  3. Roydell Williams

25.0%
  4. Jonathon Orr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Paul Williams

12.5%
  6. Chris Davis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Joel Filani

2.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I just have a feeling Gage will suprise us. Seems like every year we pick up a vet that another team had given up on and he works out....KVB, Thorton, Hope, Mawea, .....hopefully this year it can be GAGE!!!!

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not so sure the colts or steelers really "gave up" on thornton or hope, they just didnt want to pay them.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Voted Williams, only cause I'm a dreamer.

Is gage seriously leading the runner for 2 WR? Wow, I was always for releasing Bennett and Wade, still glad actually considering their length/salaries.

But really, to think Gage is our number 2.... wow... :scared:

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

I'm still convinced we got a steal with Filani, I say he's either #2 or #3 on the final depth chart.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Think logically gentlemen..

What three WRs have been in the system the longest? Which three WRs have worked with vince the most? Jones, roby and r williams might just be entering their 3rd season but they are the guys who know the most. All three of those guys were among those who worked with vince in houston so i assume they have the inside track to the top 3 spots.

1-jones
    2-r williams
    3-roby

Gage will most likely be the top guy off the bench on the outside and davis will back up roby in the slot. P williams will get moved around some so they can see what he can do but remember p williams is just a third rd pick like roby and jones were. He's not some 1st rd pick that they feel would have to compete for a starting job. I think they will be patient with the rookies and in this crowded field it will be hard for them to get the reps and pre-season playing time to move up the depth chart.

If gage is starting i see that as a negative. Gage is a 5th year player who has done little in his career and if none of these younger guys can beat him out then that is a downer. Our third year guys should be better than that.

It will be those 3 guys in the beginning but of course injuries happen at that position and as the season rolls on the rookies can get more chances.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

This one's done.

We'll do slot WR after all the starters.

TE next.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

For whatever reason a team does not resign a player there is still some what of a "give up on" factor there cause they did not think they were important enough to bring back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar