Training Camp Battle #5 - #2 Dt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jun 27, 2007.

?

Who will be #2 on our DT Depth chart to open the season?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2007.
  1. Randy Starks

51.5%
  2. Tony Brown

24.2%
  3. Antonion Johnson

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rien Long

18.2%
  5. Jesse Mahelona

6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Starks obviously the front runner, but a number of guys with potential.
  2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I went with Brown. I really like him. He's tough and he plays until the whistle. I think he's a good fit for us in the middle.

Starks is in the Troupe category.

Lots of potential. But potential and $5 still can't buy you more than a couple of beers.
  3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up Tip Jar Donor

This is another tough one... definitely a lot of potential there. I went with Long - Washburn is pretty high on him and said he's the best pass rusher on the team. If he can be near 100% by the start of the season I think he could be the guy here.

Agreed about Starks, and I also love the way Brown came on last year. With the talent at DT, we ought to have one of the best D lines out there. Very disappointing last year, but injuries and the occasional head stomping hurt us. With some contract years coming up, I see a total turn-around this year.
  4. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

To me, Starks is the likely winner. But I do think Mahelona could steal this job. I don't see Brown being a starter and I doubt Long is quite 100% because achilles injuries take a while to recover from.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

Long is long in the tooth and has proven he can get the job done. No changes for now. He's our #2.
  6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up Tip Jar Donor

:yes: I like the SlammaJamma speak! Stark's got the spark and Brown's going to town! That's what this forum needs - some style.
  7. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i went with tony brown. he's the kind of guy we need in the middle; he's quick with a high-motor.

i would love nothing more than for starks to win it and be an animal, but he hasnt shown anything but a flash per game to tell me otherwise.
  8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

jesse mahelona is gonna break out
  9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I said Brown, only because I think Long will have another set back. Starks was in the dog house last year, and the coaches have been raving about Brown's offseason.

To me, its a two dog race - Brown & Long.. If Long isn't effective or back to normal it will be Browns job. If Long is healthy and productive its his. Right now, Starks is 3rd.
  10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I said Starks, but I think Brown played just as well as Starks did last year. That's the battle I see.

I hate to say it, but I think Long won't be back to form right away, and he's more of a 3rd down guy anyway.

Jessie has to improve, but his college days showed more potential than we saw last year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.