Training Camp Begins A Week From Today!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

So, they will be reporting in next Thursday and start Friday. Has anything over the last few weeks since OTA's and Mini-Camp got you thinking or do you have expectations of something unseen happening?

They keep saying Sankey is the #1 back but I think Cobb will beat him out in camp, moving Sankey closer to 1st RB taken bust.

I'm ready to see Mariota practice with NFL speed coming at him and see how he handles it. This is nothing like he has faced, even if it's the Titans defense.

The OL, I can't stress this enough. We need that group to find a spot and stay in it all through TC without getting hurt. They said that last season there was some discord in the group due to Oher and bad attitudes. That's got to change.

I want to see the looks Lebeau uses in the new defense. How fast are they? Who gives us the best chance to get sacks on the opposing Qb's?

Give us your thoughts!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Positions I'm curious to see how we perform:

QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, DB, KR, PR

:thankyou:

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7 more days until we get to analyze every little thing Marcus Mariota does in practice. Yay...

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WR's will likely get a lot of attention early in camp, so will the O-Line, but the group Im mostly curious about is the DB's.

The addition of Searcy at Safety is interesting, he moves as well as any FS, but thumps like SS, how do we use him? And more importantly; what is Michael Griffin going to be all about this season? Unlike Pollard, Searcy can recover when he's beat on routes, Griffin might not get singled out as much now that we've added speed all around. Im anxious to see how that all works itself out.

And then at CB I think we may have some more good luck because of the free agent signings. After McCourty and Cox its all a mystery tho, but there is talent. We know Sensabaugh is strictly a NB, he cant do much more than run along side a guy and trip him, but he's solid at NB. Then Wreh-Wilson, if he's not forced into a starting role I think he could be pretty solid, does everything right up until that very last second, I think our coaches will get him ready, same for Huff, with more time to grow both those guys could become good.

Everything Ive seen and heard at OTA's suggests we will implement more of a spread out offense, which for a guy like Sankey means more opportunities. I think Cobb will prove to be a good draft pick in short yardage situations, but if I had to guess today Id say Sankey will be the No.1 RB since he's better in space.

Sankey has vision and moves, it was his O-line last year that let him/us down.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think Sankey will be better this year for many reasons...Mariota (dual threat), power run help (Cobb/fowler...NOT Greene and friggin Washington/DMC) and some pieces to the line, and a few added WR's. Sankey can be good if he has space. I suspect that Cobb will be our pounder and Sank will spread out, screens, etc. Fowler will be our short yardage guy/ goal line. I better not see DMC get any carries when those other two are on the field, or I will snap. lol

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

Had high hopes for Dex since I used to see him in college, thought we could tap into that, but nope, just a bunch or sidesteps and backward spins, so angry watching him play now.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

It's terrible man...It's not even like his is insanely fast in the top of the league or something. I mean, he isn't even our Return man. What good is he? He can't break tackles or make plays, or block...Useless.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

And we're only 3 weeks away from the first pre-season game. It's here!

9. JCBRAVE

[​IMG]

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

How appropriate.....lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar