Training Camp Dates???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BACK2SMASHMOUTH, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Wondering if anyone knows any dates for the start/length of training camp this year. I'm trying to set up some plans to get down for an extended weekend but don't know when would be the best time to go.

Any info or tips would be appreciated.

PS-I apologize to the mods if this isn't the right place for this. I'm still new to gotitans.com :))

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Welcome to the forum.

Usually, the first training camp date is the last Friday or Saturday in July. But we'll have a schedule posted here as soon as it is released.

3. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Thanks Jeff. Long time lurker, finally caved and started posting.

Does anyone know of any good hotels or places to stay down in the area for TC?

Also, any other tips on how to schedule a day when down there. This is really the only thing I have to look forward too for a month or so :))

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hang around. We'll be posting a lot of info on training camp around the middle of July.

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

From what I understand, the guys report to camp on the 27 and the first official practice starts on Saturday 28th.

A good place to stay would be the Maxwell House or there is this hotel right on the corner where you turn off of Metrocenter to go to the facility. There is talk that the Titans will share practice with the Dolphins, but I don't think that's in stone at this point.

The first few days, practice will be at 8:30am-11:15ish and afternoon practice is 3:30pm-6ish. If you're looking for an autograph, Day 1 and the last day of camp are the best days. Guys are usually excited just to be practicing in front of people other than the media on the first day and the last day, they are just glad that camp and those 2-a-days are ending.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Fisher announced last night at his softball game that camp will start the 27th.

7. That has already been canceled.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The Dolphins, c'mon man, we could practice against crash test dummies and get more experience. We need to practice against the big boys. What I like this year is that Kerry Collins is going to give our backup db's a good workout in training camp.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

I'll be there.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

From what I understand, there are 2 other teams now in the works. Hopefully it works out because it will be fun for the guys to practice against another team. I remember the Colts and the Falcons coming to camp. It's got to be a team that Coach Fisher is friends with the Head Coach since it's the coach's who set the "play date" up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar