Trap game for DEN?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Nobody hit this yet?

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

I don't think teams that just came off a Super Bowl win fall victim to "trap" games too often. Most of Denver's roster is veteran.
    Aside from that, I would think Jax is likely to be the trap game. Usually that's defined by 1 game in between 2 big games. KC in front, Ten in back? or 2 trap games back to back.

3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The Titans are not my biological sister. That is some strange analogy you have there.

4. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

No it isn't. It's a way to show that superficial things can change and leave things in the same state.

Hence Oilers move to a new city and change their name but keep the same owner and personel, the embodiment of the organization is the same on a stance that matters, it's left unchanged. It only changed on superficial levels.

5. HurrayTitans!

It honestly doesn't matter whether you consider Houston part of this franchise's history or not. The NFL record books, the ownership and even the fans that have been around long enough/followed through the move recognize Houston as part of this franchise.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Think it works like that for hockey teams that relocate as well?
    Atlanta to Calgary
    Winnipeg to Phoenix
    Minnesota to Dallas... Minnesota then gets the Wild
    Atlanta gets Thrashers then they go to Winnipeg

7. HurrayTitans!

All depends on the owners/city. When Cleveland moved to Baltimore, the Ravens were not allowed to have the Cleveland history. By all accounts, Baltimore was an expansion team that won the SB after 5 years of existence.

Similar to Tennessee/Houston, Indianapolis/Baltimore is the same thing except didn't change team names like Rams (Cle - LA - STL - LA), Cardinals (Chi - Stl - Phx/ARZ), Raiders (Oak -LA - OAK) all since 1960.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

They are the World Champions. I have to believe this young and giddy team will be out to prove they can play with them. That and with them being at home, I have to believe the Titan fans will be going nuts against the World Champs. I think it's a possibility.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

World Champions lol, that always kind of bothered me. I get its the best league but no teams outside of the US. Same as the World Series, basically US and Toronto lol
    Defending SuperBowl champs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Since I am from Nashville it just doesn't ring a bell. I have no history with the Oilers, and only vaguely followed them when Bum was coaching. The fact they let their logo die also severed any ties. I know we have some forum guys that were Oilers fans, but I just can't get on board. It's an iffy deal. You notice we have no throwback uniforms because we aren't the Oilers anymore. Houston also has another team, which just adds more to my belief. Good effort, but I am stuck in my ways, and no argument is going to change it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar