Trap Game vs Indy?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Anyone out there see this Sunday's matchup vs the Colts as sort of a trap game? I don't know why but I am leaning towards the Colts in this one. Do I want the Colts to win? Hell no - but I think after 2 wins a row and a tough game @ home vs the Bears on tap after this week, for some reason I see Andrew Luck running off the field with his arms raised in a close game that will come down to the wire; and then 3/4 of us in this forum to start comparing Luck to Peyton Manning and his last minute drives vs the Titans ... Maybe a last minute drive by Luck for the game winner?

Although as for the positive news, I do see another huge game for CJ. Solid in his last 2 games and 3 of 4 for that matter - he should obviously carve up the Colts vanilla defense "like a Halloween pumpkin", although they do have some key pieces on defense possibly returning this week. CJ will probably explode in this game and get shut down to the Bears in the next but at this point you can't fault him too much as he as shown signs of life in those legs after all.

So not trying to be a downer but just checking if I am the only one who is seeing a "trap game" here or if you don't like that term than maybe the Titans show their true colors this week and have a mini-set back and come down to earth just a bit. Hasselbeck has been solid, CJ has been (dare I say great) but the defense ... ooooh that defense.

We could have another shootout on our hands, ala the Buffalo game - all offense from Luck and CJ and no defense from either team. Hey I'm all for winning 3 in a row and then possibly handing the job back to Locker but for some reason I am very hesitant on this one. Even further I can see us losing this game @ home to Indy and turning around and winning @ Indy a brief time later in the schedule.

Lastly, as for that pesky QB situation - no matter what happens in this game and no matter how good or bad Hasselbeck looks - would Locker be sat agaaaain one more week for so-called "rest" - seeing how he has a "brutal" matchup vs Chicago's rough and tough defense the following week. If anything I think Hasselbeck the veteran should go out there and get beat up vs Chicago instead of risking yet another setback in Lockers arm. I think a date with the Miami Dolphins seems much more reasonable to ease Locker back into action - however will the Titans fanbase start to grow weary for their future franchise QB signal caller by that time?

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't see it as a trap game. We both are not great teams, so I expect a good game that could go either way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I am more concerned with our secondary vs Luck.

I was hoping that by this time in the season it would have went from Suck for Luck to Luck Sucks. Sadly the guy is pretty good and looks like he will be another great QB for the ponies. I really don't want to loose to this guys arm, especially when we have a shot at reaching 500

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

yeah same, thats why I guess trap game wasn't the correct term here but maybe overlooking the rebuilding Colts for a much tougher matchup still at home vs Chicago is my key concern here. But yeah both teams arn't very good although the Titans on paper should be a few years or so ahead of the Colts franchise.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Division game it aint happening

Tennessee 43 pathetic party ponies 0

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

We're not in a position to over look anyone especially when we have a losing record. In fact this is the biggest game of the season so far, if we win this we'll be in playoff contention and if we lose we're looking at 3 games under .500 after the Bears come in.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. DJB

DJB Starter

The Titans aren't good enough to have trap games

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Last year was a trap game, but this game not so much. Maybe if we're lucky our Dec 9th game vs them could be considered a trap game, but we're 3-4 right now, if we're sleeping on any teams we deserve to lose. I don't think we will though.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Gotta agree with the above posters. If we lose, it won't because we were overlooking the Colts. Not only are we in a fight for our playoff hopes, but we're playing the team that more or less killed our hopes a year ago.

If CJ gets going in this game I don't think we lose. I still have faith in Gray and believe he'll find the right mix to get this defense going.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

WhaaT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar