Travis Henry is a premier back in this league. Tell me where I'm wrong.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, I think a 7th is more likely in compensation...I say trade him...

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

WOW. Tell me about Henry! All he needed was a chance to prove himself and did he ever prove it.
    Chris Brown.....3 carries....caught on camera limping again. Brown limping and Henrys 2 100+ yard games is surely going to put a huge dent in the Love Brown Gang.
    At this point, I would say that LenDale as the starter for the 2007 season, is not a sure thing. He's going to have to show more than Henry has.
    There is one sure thing, at the end of the season, Brown will be looking for work along side of #21, "I just got burned for 51"....ology!

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Travis is sure helping his stock
    I bet we get more for Travis either way

but, I wouldn't mind keeping him

at least we know now what it takes to motivate him :wink2:

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Not but a couple of weeks ago, I posted a Keep & Dump post were I put Brown on my Dump list (as I have from the beginning of the season). Here's a couple of comments I got;
    And I won't even bother to ask why you'd keep Henry over Brown.
    Yeah, unfortunately he must lose a lot of those fights, because he's getting fewer yards than Brown.
    What a difference a couple of weeks makes, and I don't think he's done.

5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

leauge leading rusher???

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea a move to keep Henry looks brilliant now but three weeks ago Henry wasn't even active and had very few yards and a 2.7 YPC average.

As for your "love Brown gang" just remember Brown started the 2004 season off with 3 straight 100+ yard games and had 4 100+ games in the first 5 games of the season. I'm sure if BiPolar was around he could have posted some nice tidbits then how Brown was a premier back especially after his 148 yard game in week 5. Remember the year before Eddie only had 2 100 yard games all year.

I do give Henry all the props he deserves. He got his chance and really made the best of it. Let's hope he keeps it up all year.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I smartly started him on my fantasy team three weeks ago and the last two weeks he's made me look like a genius. Thanks, Cheese!

I have been one of the guys that wanted him gone, but at the beginning of the season, he started to change my mind. You could sense his hunger. That's what we've been needing. I was watching Titans All Access last night and they did a spot on Henry. He said he had been mentoring LenDale White since he came to Tennessee. I had to like that statement about him. I do think Brown is done after this year and we look to pick up a 3rd down back next year (Jerious Norwood would have been ideal).

This is the line we've been needing. I agree it was fortuitous that Piller went out -- he should back up the rest of the season.

I like how if we won last week's game, we could be 2-4 right now. That seems almost respectable, especially for us, and against those two teams. I also think how the Jets and Dolphins games were winnable, and how 4-2 wasn't out of the complete realm of possibility. Not too bad for this team. Fisher might be here around for another stint.

Henry is running so well right now. His TD run was terrific - we didn't think he was going to get in, but he pulled it out. My wife and I cracked up at how Brown had that one short run, then limped off.

I think this is the part of the season where teams start taking us somewhat seriously. Young is still a rookie, and teams will look to take advantage of that, but they're going to come knowing they have to take away the run first now.

8. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Well i'm no expert but on NFL live trey wingo and crew agreed that the Titans would be likely to get a 4th in compensation
    For now I'll have to take their word over yours: ;)

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

GLinks - why would you want to start Woolfolk?

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You did notice a lot of short yardage runs, right? That hurt his average. But the line change has helped a lot.

And it's true this D was hurt and turtles could run on the Colts. So I think Henry's production will drop some. But I think he'll prove that with decent blocking, he's a good back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar