Travis Henry is a premier back in this league. Tell me where I'm wrong.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overalls

Overalls Starter

That's all fine and dandy, but a "premier" back should be able to beat out two broken down backs.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Overalls, I think the point is that he is looking as if he is a premier back again based on some of his work. This is really a wait and see debate.

3. Overalls

Overalls Starter

He has had two very good years. IF he returns to his 2002/2003 form and doesn't get popped again on a drug screen AND does it for more than one year, yes he could be called a "premier" back.

Your opening statement was that he IS a premier back. Based on his last two games it could easily be put forth that he has picked his game up.
    He did do very good against the Redskins 178 yards rushing
    He did good against the Colts 123 yards rushing

However; he had a total of 82 yards in the other 4 games.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think he;s done that

sad that it took a retooling of the Oline and a deactivation to get him off his butt. I looks like it worked. enough to keep SOMEBODY on the bench (i'm guessing they'll alternate)

Travis is not really a premiere back
    but this season it's hard to decide really who is

one thing's for sure, Henry is the BEST back on the Titans roster (always has been) and he might even be the best back in our division .... and if he keeps this up he might even be a Pro Bowl candidate

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

henry isnt premiere.. he runs pretty friggin hard though. harder than brown ever did. problem is henry will never break a big run unless its amazing blocking. he can rumble.. but he's no sprinter. wish we could give him browns speed and explosiveness then he would be premiere. i think he's great and i'll finally admit he was worth the third if he does decent the next three games. until then i just think he's playing till lendal is ready... could be good. lendale needs to learn to work hard anyhow.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Which is what we'll be saying about Domanick Davis in 2 years...

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

He played in only 2 of those games

8. Overalls

Overalls Starter

1) This is not a topic about D Davis.

2) "Premier" backs don't sit out a 1/3 of his games and play bad in a 1/3 of his others.

It's a long season. I'm just saying it's too early to call him a "premier" back. If Y'all want to call him the best back in the league go for it. Just don't expect any one who isn't a Titans fan to believe you.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

you make it sound as if he's had 6 starts.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

of course it is. If it wasn't debatable it wouldn't be much of a thread topic now would it? Please stop taking such issue with the thread titles I choose. In this case I'm playing off a parody of Chris Matthews on Saturday Night Live. Also, just because the thread centers around Titans RB T.Henry all comparisons to other RB's are welcome and valid, including D.Davis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar