Travis Henry, will he make it?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Nov 22, 2006.

?
  1. They're on to him, he won't make it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He'll have his 1,000 yards before the Jags game.

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. He'll have his 1,000 yards before the Buffalo game.

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. He'll have his 1,000 yards before the Pats game.

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. Don't know when, but he'll make it.

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

After playing in 8 games, he's already piled up 729 yards. With 6 more games to go, will he pass 1,000 yards for the season? Personally, I don't see how he couldn't unless he gets injured or busted.
    On Christmas Eve, Travis gets to go up against his old team in Buffalo. The same team that replaced him with Willis McGahee. I'm thinking that he'll be in his prime for that game!

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He'll get there barring injury. This line is better, and I like some of the play calling we've been doing.

Maybe Lendale can get 300-400 yards by then too. We could up near the top in rushing yards. We're 9th now even with the slow start.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Getting ready for 2007!

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Well he is putting up 200 against the Dolts on the way to our victory so I would say his chances are good.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Definitely.. unless JF decides to turn over the ball to Lendale for the remainder of the season.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

pfft... Travis Henry is our starting running back.

That is the fact.

I don't know when or how but he'll get that 1000 yards.

I've been riding his jock all season. I think of him as our north south work horse. Runs with power and authority. Good vision. Decent cuts. Travis Henry is a whole new running back now. Plus, he hasn't really taken alot of punishment. I know his carry totals are low for a guy in his sixth season. Inactivity mostly. He's not all beat up with a bum this and a knicked that.

I have a question if anyone really knows... of the games he's started how many has he left with injury? Has he had anything? I thought he was listed as questionable (which doesn't mean alot btw) one week. I don't know. I guess what I'm trying to ask is has he had any injuries in the games he has played in?

Henry has a all-time career record 4.6 ypc AND 4 (count 'em), 4 gains of 20+ yards. We must have a better offensive line than anyone ever thought.

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Henry has made me a believer. I am glad we got Lendale, but go with what works...HENRY!

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Travis has had minor dings. He had elective surgery on his ankle this past off season. Due to incidents, Travis is a low mileage back. If he were a car, he'd be sold at Carmax, a gently pre-owned Ford F150.

9. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

i think the only reason he is playign so good is if u think back to where he wasnt injured but put on the inactive list, and he was like idk what i did to be inactive, i still can do good. ANd now hes proving it, he can play maybe that gave him a boost

10. TWR#1

TWR#1 Guest

Well Travis is deffinately proving why we tarded the 3rd rounder for him...

with 6 games left i can honestly say that there is 2 games where he wont get a 100 yards..(Jacksonville and New England) and he might not get 100 against Houston...

but he should get about 135 on the Colts and im going to say about 120 this weekend with a depleted Giants D-LIne and his success this season against the NFC East.All he needs is like what 300 and some number of yards right??

I think he will get it,but guys remember 1,000 yards isnt the big number to hit anymore.I mean yes,it defines a good season,but backs in the whole NFL are hitting that number,but when you have RB's like Larry Johnson and Ladanian Tomlinson setting new standards each year its hard to have standards for 1,000 yards when those guys are getting 1,500+ and 20+ TD's.....But in "Cheese" fair side of things he hasnt started the whole season,or any where near that,and has played well.

I wonder if Jeff Fisher would of started Travis from the beginning if we would of won the Dolphins and Jets game....Those both would of also been 100+ yard games for him,but instead Fishers loyalty to Chris "turf toe" Brown could of possibly cost us 2 extra wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar