Trent Dilfer vs. Mark Schlereth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I miss hearing Sean Salisbury make fun of that geeky looking guy John Clayton..good times

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You really think I'm overhyping Rosenfels? I never said he was good, but you don't have to be good anymore to be better than Brett Favre. If the Vikings sign him they'll find that he's no different from Tavaris Jackson... he will make horrible decisions and throw plenty of avoidable interceptions. The problem with your post is that you fail to recognize my exaggeration (i.e. "take out his knees", "stupid brain"). While I do feel Brett needs to hang it up for good this time, I don't truly want to see him get his knees taken out. It's an exaggeration to express emotion (it's hard to do that, through the internet, without being radical or extreme).

Do I think he's sharpest knife in the drawer? No
    Do I think he's capable of being a commentator or coach? No
    Do I think he can still play in the NFL? No

That pretty much sums up how I feel about him. He's an entertainer. He's fun to watch, but his poor decisions have really hurt some of his teams in the past... most recently in the playoffs agains the Eagles & Giants and his last 5 games of this past season.

Yes! He was!

3. RavensShallBurn

Seriously?!

That's why he got fired dude. He was a complete D-Bag to John Clayton. That was not funny at all IMO... John Clayton may be a nerd, but he knows his stuff, and for some low-life like Salisbury to make fun of him is uncalled for.

4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I'd rather see them arguing and stuff rather than listen to Trent Dilfer acting like he knows what he's talking about

5. RavensShallBurn

Yea, good point. lol

If Trent Dilfer isn't fired by week 1 of the NFL season, there will be no hope for humanity.

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

What did Favre do to you? Steal your vicodin? Sure he's not as good as he was 10 years ago, but he can still play. Last year he was 10th in yardage, 9th in TDs, had an 81 QB rating (better than Collins and Roethlisberger), and handed the Titans their first loss. He did all this while learning a new system, being sacked 30 times (twice as many times as the year before), and playing with a bum shoulder. You can personally dislike the guy, but to say he can't play anymore is ridiculous.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Anthony Wright > Trent Dilfer

Kyle Boller > Trent Dilfer

and yes.. i said it:

VINCE YOUNG > Trent Dilfer.

8. RavensShallBurn

What makes you think he can play?

It seems like you're totally ignoring the last quarter of the season. That would be like saying that Al Del Greco, after his up and down 2000 season, could still play (at that time)... It doesn't make sense.

Has Favre had surgery on his shoulder yet? If not, he would be extremely foolish to even think about coming back now. His shoulder is messed up and that long-lived starting streak of his will finally come to and end almost as soon as the season begins.

I don't see how everyone thinks he can play... Oh, the rating was better than Collins' and Roethlisberger's, but how did he fair on interceptions?Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers!... the biggest factor in games. Guess who also had higher QB ratings than Collins and Roethlisberger! There are 23 QBs who had better ratings than Big Ben and 22 QBs with better ratings than Big Ben...

Higher rating than Collins/Big Ben:
    - Joe Flacco
    - David Garrard
    - Jason Campbell
    - Jake Delhomme
    - Trent Edwards
    - Seneca Wallace
    - Shaun Hill
    - Matt Schaub

Now, let's be honest... a few of those guys are better than KC, but none of them are better than Big Ben. It isn't always about the rating. It isn't always about the stats. It's about what you can do to help your team. The Vikings need a QB who can manage the game, and Brett Favre is simply not that kind of QB. You could tell him to manage the game, but he's a gunslinger.

Put him on a really, really bad team with bad QBs and I won't mind it so much. He can help out teams like the Raiders, Broncos, and 49ers.

9. RavensShallBurn

You have spoken the truth my friend.

10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Guess who had fewer turnovers than Roethlisberger? All those guys you listed. QB rating was one stat that I used to show that he can still play. It doesn't matter how much you don't like the guy, he is still an above average NFL QB. Go look at his stats for the 2007 season when his team was 13-3. Everyone said he was done years before that. Face it, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to discerning whether or not Brett Favre can still play at a high level. That's why you are spewing baseless opinion on a message board while Brad Childress is meeting with Brett Favre to talk about his future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar