Trolling at Orangemane

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Mar 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

They are flailing....that is all. I put absolutely no stock in any of what they are saying.

2. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Who ever said Kolb had any leverage? He was traded because it was much more beneficial to the Eagles to trade him than keep him, not because he demanded it.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Kolb played well, and I think he was traded. Little to do with leverage when a team can get something for him.

Locker will still be under contract, and not very expensive, so he basically has to do what we want. I am not saying he will not be upset about it, but what could he do? A second string quarter back holding out would not matter, and worse comes to worse we could tag him if he was a free agent.

4. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

When you see what Aaron Rodgers has done doesnit make you sick that y'all passed on him for Alex Smith???

5. corymiller

This was NEVER supposed to be lockers year. It was gonna be a competition but not once has the staff indicated Locker would be the starter

6. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

Very. I was one of the Niner fans that wanted to draft Rodgers. He grew up in the area and was a Niner fan and I thought he was one of the better prospects I'd seen in years. I was so happy that Leinart went back to USC because I was worried the Niners would draft him over Rodgers. Then on draft day we selected Alex Smith.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That Vanderjagt story still ticks me off....Peyton really helped ruin his career on that IMO.

That said, I think that you are standing in front of a moving train Erick. The more I am hearing the "experts" the more I am thinking that he is coming here. I still think that, before we began this saga, we really stood to gain nothing (after factoring in what we would have to give up in FA) by getting him.

Now, that we have pretty much let the top flight OL and DL players pass us by because of this saga, if we do not get him, we set ourselves back about 1-2 years again IMO. So at this point it is Peyton or bust for us IMO, just to get back to where I thought we would be if we had pursued FA's like it looked like our FO was planning to do before Bud stepped in.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Would be a PR nightmare imo. If he asks for a trade, you trade the guy. (If Manning gets more than a 2 year contract)

So many people are quick to point out "well look at Rodgers"

Ok fine, Rodgers was an example. Find me another top 10 QB that waited 3+ years to see the field.

And Rodgers was 24th

9. corymiller

I know the feeling. I was on of the ones that wanted Jay Cutler back in 05. We all see how that draft class worked out.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Jeff George.:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar