Troupe Not Producing As Much As Expected

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After his second season where he caught 55 ball, TE Ben Troupe only has seven receptions so far this after six games. At this point last season, he already had 23 catches on the way for a total of 55. According to Coach Jeff Fisher, Troupe is not carrying over to the games what he is learning on the practice field. "Ben has to become more consistent in the little things he is doing," Fisher said. "He has made a number of mistakes earlier this year that is somewhat cause for alarm, however he has done a good job and is very, very talented. He has shown the last couple of years that he has the potential to make big plays. Obviously we are going to try to keep him involved as much as we can." Troupe admits he needs to do more. "What Coach Fisher says, that's just the head coach telling the truth," Troupe said. "Obviously I don't feel like I am doing everything I can to help this team, but I am going to keep working, though."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think he will break out. The guy has the talent. I don't know why he's struggling.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

His 1st year he was disappointingly slow to pick things up.

Maybe the QB circus we had going with Volek & Collins set him back & he's just taking a while to get used to VY. Vince hasn't really thrown it much in his starts yet either.

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Yet another Titans' receiver quickly turning from prospect to suspect. This guy reminds me a little of Calico... he teases us with glimpses of his athletic ability yet has never been able to consistently put up numbers.

edit: Wow, my post sounds too negative. I still really like Ben... It's just that he's in his third season, time to start producing.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It appears Troupe's issue is between the ears. It sounds like a lot he's doing in practice isn't making to the field on gameday. I thought it puzzling that Reese didn't seem to think the coaches really knew the problem.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It can't be between his ears, there's nothing there to screw up. It's a shame, he's a damn beast when he's got the ball.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'd give him until the end of the season to get it together. If he can't make plays on the field, for whatever reason, then we have to move on and go with Scaife. But this is the year he has to make an impact.

8. Yeah, well Scaife has had his fair share of mistakes too, I still think Troupe is a great TE that will break out sooner rather than later...

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he gets maybe two balls thrown to him a game, doesnt help when he drops one.

i still think we should be forcing the ball to this guy. there are ways to force feed him the ball. whether it be on bubble screens while he is split out wide or down the field.

people try to take away steve smith, yet he still gets 10-12 balls thrown to him a game.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

How many times per game is he getting passed to???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar