TROY SMITH or VINCE YOUNG

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't follow much college ball, but I did cath 3/4+ of the game and I wasn't terribly impressed with Troy Smith (or Ginn for that matter). Of course compared to Henne Smith was a regular all-pro. speaking of Wolverines, Branch and Hall did not impress me at all either.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'd rank Pat White from WVU ahead of Troy Smith any day.

4. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I didn't watch the game, but the numbers indicate ekstremly poor defensive play. Kinda like the Chargers-Bengals game.

5. formerphinfan

formerphinfan Camp Fodder

The answer is – Troy Smith

Because at least Troy Smith has a decent throwing motion. VY passing the ball looks as bad as Charles Barkley swinging a golf club.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Did Charles Barkley win any NCAA golf championships?

7. I hate it when people bring in VY's throwing motion, for goodness sake, its not something he's gonna be stuck with all his life, he can work and improve on it, and I think its fine as it is, just a bit of fine tuning is all...

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Well said.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

some poster up here thinks Ginn Jr. is better than Calvin Johnson

yeah right buddy, keep those OSU glasses on :ha:

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

And of course, Calvin Johnson has emerged in yet another thread...

I wasn't impressed with either team, apparently the only conference that plays defense in college football is the SEC. It's easy to hit open WRs, both teams had terrible coverage, and don't just give credit to the WR. Give credit to the WR when they catch the ball while covered.

Back to the question of the thread. Vince Young. He's won a national college championship and 2 NFL games. Two things Smith hasn't. Smith is a good QB, but I'll keep Vince.

I'd also like to agree that I can't believe someone started this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar