TROY SMITH or VINCE YOUNG

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

No...chance

2. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

Speaking of Smith, where do you think he'll go in the draft?

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

And, by the time Troy Smith is a rookie in the NFL, VY will have exprienced the growing pains of his rookie season in the NFL. And, he'll have gained the knowledge required to play the position in the NFL.

So, make it three things.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Great arguement there buddy.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

If I'm not mistaken, Ryan Leaf had a pretty good throwing motion....and a rocket arm, too.

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Troy Smith is 5'11'' - I like him, very well spoken and cool, but he does not meet the height requirement to even be in this discussion (I think the two shortest starting qb's are Vick [6'0''] and Brees [6'1" or 6'2'']). He'll never get a shot. It might have been different if he scrambled or had Vick speed--but you want a 5'11'' guy standing in the pocket throwing over 6'7" linemen for 10 years? No. He'll get chances to play maybe, but his leash will always be too short (b/c he's too short).

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

And even Troy admits he does not have a very strong arm.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Seneca Wallace is pretty short.

9. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I think that's the most favorable comparison (Seneca), but Troy doesn't have his speed I don't think. And obviously, Seneca will never be a legit starter in the NFL (I could be wrong, but I'd take the long odds on that one).

10. troy smith is garbage compared to vince

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar