TROY SMITH or VINCE YOUNG

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texrose05

texrose05 Camp Fodder

no way

Come on. Is this a serious thread?

Troy is a having a good year and all, but could you imagine if Vince would have stayed at Texas for his Senior year. Troy should thank his lucky stars that did not happen. Texas would have walked to another championship and vince would have won the heisman and broke some rediculous qb ncaa records.

BUT, i do know Troy and Vince are good friends and have a lot of respect for each other..

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Comparing the two is like drafting Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.
    Everyone knows how that went.

3. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

oh honest to santa clause, why in bloody merry is this even a debate?!!!! as awesome as troy smith is, and this is no knock on him, just because he has a better throwing motion than vince, doesn't give him the golden ticket in the NFL. A, HE WILL BE DRAFTED BY A BAD TEAM and c, he , like vince and any other rookie QB before him, will have to adjust to the game! this is such a joke! my lord, give vince a break HE HAS THREE WINS UNDER HIS BELT! it will all come together, in TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME PEOPLE, BLOOOOOOODY TIIIIIIIIIIIME!

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

Troy Smith
    Accurate passer
    can read a defense
    smart enough to run an NFL offense

I would give up excellent physical ability for a guy with knowledge.... this allows you to use more than 25% of the playbook, ability to go to your 3rd or 4th option on a pass play, not lock onto one reciever and keep the defense honest

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We don't know squat as to what Smith will do in the NFL. We don't know how Young will turn out yet either.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Garcia was run out of SF for being too small and he is 6'1". TO had something to do with that though.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

Brees stands at 6 even and gets the job done

8. ur retarded if u think he would be better than vince, and the reason y the playbook is limited atm is because hes a rookie, meaning that he just got onto this team therefore its basically impossible to have all of them memorized this early, get over it and u dont kno how much smart troy is than vince so shut up

9. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

opinions cant be wrong
    My personal opinion is Vince is a slow learner and Smith could probably learn the plays and schemes much quicker...everyone learns at a different pace obviously....and I think Smith is a better passer and decision maker which is ultimately what kind of QB wins superbowls year after year

10. maximus

maximus Starter

Vince no doubt. I have a feeling that Smith will struggle as a QB in the NFL because of his height. Vick and Smith are about the same height. Vick has struggled for the most part of his career as a passer, and I expect Smith will struggle as a passer in the NFL. Vick has gotten by on athelitic ability which Smith does not have nearly as much of.
    Young has a leadership carisma about him that very few people have. I take Young

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar