TROY SMITH or VINCE YOUNG

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No there was just bad execution all around. Bad coverage by DB's, bad tackling, no shedding of blocks, etc.

And as for comparing the QB's I just caluclated the passer rating from the stats on ESPN, and I think there was like a 5-10 point difference or something. Hardly significant.

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

A 10 point difference like a QB rating of 100 instead of 90?

I'm not doing the math but I think your math might need tweaking. The numbers I gave you should not come out close as the 4 td's, higher completion percentage and more yards are all significantly higher than Henne's #'s.

Gut

3. whats pathetic about this, is that troy smith last year was a senior, and hes a fifth year senior this year, and vince was only a junior, and vince was way ahead of him then

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Troy Smith is the same class as Young was, only he stayed in school.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Huh?

Are you joking? He's easily in the top 5 QB's for this season. Why compare him to Charlie Ward? Don't you remember why Charlie didn't get drafted? He told teams that if he didn't get drafted in the first round, don't bother because he would just go play basketball instead. He had a pretty decent career in the NBA.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/55714/charlie_ward_biography.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar