True grit

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by CRUDS, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

I've been so waiting for this..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GkAH7IUWOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GkAH7IUWOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

This version looks good from the trailer though I doubt it live up to John Waynes version.

Kim Darbie as Mattie Ross stole the show in the original.
  3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The original was pretty terrible that is overrated because of Wayne's phony nomination (so much better in much greater films).

This, however, looks f'ing awesome. The original novel is a very good one, that is changed a bit in the original film. The Coens' apparently are doing a much more accurate depiction of the source material.
  4. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

Honestly I've never liked westerns very much and think John Wayne was a friggin lousy actor; that said, I'm interested in seeing this just because it's a Coen Bros. joint.
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

The Coen's need to release something else after that horrible excuse for a movie "A Serious Man". AWFUL.
  6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree that the original is crap. I love John Wayne flicks, but not this one. This does look bad .
  7. CRUDS

Yeah I wanted to kick the TV after seeing that one..
  8. CRUDS

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

I have a hard time believing that. I'm excited but really? 2nd best? That's REALLY saying something. The source material sucks, IMO. Maybe they changed up the story.
  10. CRUDS

Harry's probably jonesin for something decent and after their last flick anything looks golden...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.