Tulloch's Instincts and Intensity Getting Noticed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Rookie Stephen Tulloch entered training camp penciled in behind veteran Peter Sirmon at the MLB position but he isn't ready to concede the job. "I'm competing for a starting spot right now," Tulloch said. "Coaches said just keep doing what I'm doing. As time goes on, hopefully I can separate myself, but for now we're just competing." In the process, he is getting a lot of attention from other players and his coaches by showing both solid instincts and some of the biggest hits of training camp. "I think he's progressing well," said Keith Bulluck. "He's into it. He has very good reads for a young guy. As a middle linebacker you have to be instinctive. He seems to do that naturally." Tulloch's says a big part of his game is working hard which includes a love of hitting. "I love hitting, that's my game," Tullock said. "I use my leverage to my advantage."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sirmon possibly cut now?

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i really do wonder if tulloch has been good enough to challenge for the starting spot.

4. There's no reason to cut Sirmon. We don't need the cap room.

If they want to trade him for something, that's another story, but they won't just cut him.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

should of already cut him back a few months ago when he faxed Reese his "No Mas" letter

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'd like to see Sirmon get his chance there first. We all know we can get caught up in the awesome new rookie fluff reading material :lol:

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even if Tulloch beats out Sirmon he will stick around for depth IMO.
    I really like hearing about Tulloch having instincts.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He's going to blow people up on special teams this year.

Anyone know how Reynolds is doing? I really thought he might push at MLB this camp.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They commented either Tuesday or Wednesday that he picked off one of Vince's passes on an "unbelievable" play. Other than that I haven't heard alot.

No doubt. This is a big year for Sirmon. I think we should rely upon his brains/experience early in the MLB. If we are not in the play-off hunt by mid-late season, then start Tulloch if he continues to shine.

10. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Tulloch maybe could make a good push to unseat Sirmon but i doubt until later in the season will this happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar